Help! Euro Cup Issues...

Hey guys,

Forgive my ignorance. I'm a football idiot, but recently aquired this game and have thought about little else since.

I've just ended my second season managing Liverpool, and won the Premier Division both seasons. I've also played in and won a few cups. However, it seems the only continental competition to which I have been selected is the European Champions Cup. Each season I wistfully watch the Euro Cup matches taking place, and yet am unable to participate.

What does it take to get an invite to the Euro Cup or any of the other continental cups?

I really appreciate any help. Although I'm sure Barcelona won't ; ) Those buggers have had an iron grip on all the continental competitions.

Ok thanks! That helps.

Now how about the other cups? Am I right in thinking the cup ranking as far as prestige goes would be:

EURO Cup

^

European Champ Cup

^

European Super Cup

^

Club World Champ

Is that correct or am I way off?

Thanks!

In order of prestige it's:

1. Champions Cup

2. EURO Cup

3. World Club Championship

4. Euro Super Cup

The Champions Cup is regarded as the best club competition in the world so winning this is a big achievement. The best teams in the domestic leagues qualify for this and missing out on qualification for the tournament through under-performance in the league is seen as a distaster for the big clubs as it carries high financial reward and allows you to attract the best players.

The EURO Cup is the secondary European tournament so it doesn't carry as much prestige or reward.

However, winning this trophy is still a good achievement, and would be highly regarded, especially if previous European success at your club has been minimal.

The Euro Super Cup is just a one off match played between the current holders of the above two competitions.

Nice to win, but there's little pressure to do so really.

The World Club Championship is not regarded as a major trophy in it's own right, although to be Europe's representative you to have won the Champions Cup the previous season, so chances to win it don't come around that often.

Archived