League 1 Tactics/Players/Suggestions (iPhone)

Hey guys, new to posting here on the handheld forum, but I've been a longtime FM fan and just recently got the iPhone version.

I've started off with Leeds in League 1 and I'm struggling a bit to work out how to do well with any team on the iPhone version. Just wondering what are some good attacking tactics (my preference) and some good cheap players who will sign for a League 1 team.

I'm about to spend the next 16 hours on a train in a few days, and won't have my laptop or any books to read, so I figured I can just play some FM on my iPhone the entire way. But, rather than constantly lose, I'd like to be able to play as well as I do on PC versions.

Anyway, any tips/tactics or any of it would be much appreciated :)

Edit: Oh, and as of right now I've not been able to convince anyone to sign for Leeds, even some Division 1 Scottish players or League 2 English players. Large part of it is convincing the clubs to pry with their prized stars, when I only have transfer budgets of less than 1m. :(

Hi, as a fellow League 1 fan (Huddersfield Town) I'd be happy to offer you the following advice:

Tactics - I tend to play a basic/simple 4-4-2, this works well at this level and with the players Leeds have. I would play this formation/team:

___________________Ankergen______________________

Crowe_______Kisnorbo_________Bromby__________Parker

Robinson_____Kilkenny_________Howson__________Snodgrass

____________Becchio__________Beckford_________________

Players - I would, personally, stick with the majority of the squad. It's good enough. That's been proved in real life. And, despite Robinson failing to be consistent, I think he is good enough. If you are going to sign someone - bring in some good, young squad players as to not disrupt the harmony of the squad.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. I played through quite a bit yesterday and did some work.

Picked up Alex Smithies (GK), who's been actually awful so far. Mark Viduka (ST), who I've signed as a free many times before when playing on PC, he's been one of the better players for sure. I also just signed Stephen Craigan (DF) from Motherwell but he's not in 'til the next transfer deadline. I think this should be able to carry me through to a decent season, may have to work out a better GK situation though, because Smithies has been dreadful, especially for what I ended up paying for him. You learn you can't trust your scouts most of the time.

Yes stick with Smithies, he really does turn into an amazing keeper. Since the Leeds squad is pretty strong you could invest in a couple of youngsters with an eye to the future.

Verratti is always a favourite, and Joel Acosta is very easy to sign at the beginning of a game and turns into an Argentina international striker after 2 or 3 years. Chris Gadi is another decent one.

There are many great youngsters but these ones are fairly easy to sign at the beginning of the game; maybe 200-300k each with low wage expectations.

I have managed to get Carlisle United to the Premier League playing 4-3-3 Direct Attacking. Took 2 seasons in League 1 and 3 in Championship, relied on signing out of contract players and loans. Just won the league Cup and finished 9th in my second Premier League season. Just signed Torres on a free, 32 but he still has it!

Archived