Radical Idea for FM2011

How about having a Story/Campaign mode. Where the player takes his created team from the bottom tier of Football in whatever nation he is in and attempts to make them into world champions. Currently the team you manage is owned by a third party, but in this the team would be OWNED by the player. The player could choose to manage the team himself or to hire a manager to do it for him.

The player decides when to invest in better training facilities, or a better academy. The player decides when/how to develop the teams stadium (I would love having a stadium designer similar to the one in FM: Live)

I know its possible to have a created team injected into any league you want atm using the Editor, but theres no reason why such a feature can't be hardcoded into the game from the get-go.

I think this would add a fresh new dynamic to the FM franchise. The idea needs to be fleshed out a bit, but i know its well within SI's capability to implement it without too many issues.

but in this the team would be OWNED by the

The player decides when to invest in better training facilities, or a better academy. The player decides when/how to develop the teams stadium (I would love

ain't it a bit like Chairman stuff we have heard so much about!?

never going to happen dude its a football manager game with a few extra's. I like the idea of story, challenge games though :say for instance that you have a scenario where you need 6 out of 9pts to stay up and so on.

Never going to happen. You can already take someone from the bottom to the top if you're committed and good enough, and the 'hire a manager to manage the team' stuff and everything else just turns it into 'Football Chairman'. It wouldn't work. As a chairman, honestly, what are you going to do during those long weeks between seasons? Nothing. At least as manager you can choose to buy players, sell players, renew contracts, arrange friendlies against opposition who you want to face, choose your management team, etc.

I absolutely loved being in charge of financial matters in Total Club Manager 05, you could build stadiums, training grounds, transport to the stadium which would then up your revenue from matches. You could even take the club public, i.e sell the shares for a very large sum.

I know the hardcore guys are out there who dont want FM to change but even if it was an option and not a requirement in FM, would it really ruin the game for anyone? I doubt it, point is it would be nice to have the option

even if it was an option and not a requirement in FM, would it really ruin the game for anyone? I doubt it, point is it would be nice to have the option

Of course it would. Things manager related would have to be put on the backburner while this crap was being developed, implemented and tested...

Well your assuming they would lose focus on the standard game, and its a good point, but if they didnt and things manager related didnt suffer, would it still be so bad? Im not trying to argue or that, but i wonder if alot of people are rejecting these ideas out of a misplaced sense of loyalty? All im saying is i was just as addicted to Total Club Manager and LMA and all that crap as i am to FM.

Well your assuming they would lose focus on the standard game, and its a good point, but if they didnt and things manager related didnt suffer, would it still be so bad? Im not trying to argue or that, but i wonder if alot of people are rejecting these ideas out of a misplaced sense of loyalty? All im saying is i was just as addicted to Total Club Manager and LMA and all that crap as i am to FM.

I started out with Premier Manager 64, then played LMA 2001-2006 before playing CM from 2006-2010 and then finally finding FM10. It's been an evolution of realism for me, and while I remember the older games fondly (except CM10 lol) I have no desire to go back to those kind of games...

I started out with Premier Manager 64, then played LMA 2001-2006 before playing CM from 2006-2010 and then finally finding FM10. It's been an evolution of realism for me, and while I remember the older games fondly (except CM10 lol) I have no desire to go back to those kind of games...

:thup: Fair dues. FM was a revelation for me too

How about having a Story/Campaign mode. Where the player takes his created team from the bottom tier of Football in whatever nation he is in and attempts to make them into world champions. Currently the team you manage is owned by a third party, but in this the team would be OWNED by the player. The player could choose to manage the team himself or to hire a manager to do it for him.

The player decides when to invest in better training facilities, or a better academy. The player decides when/how to develop the teams stadium (I would love having a stadium designer similar to the one in FM: Live)

I know its possible to have a created team injected into any league you want atm using the Editor, but theres no reason why such a feature can't be hardcoded into the game from the get-go.

I think this would add a fresh new dynamic to the FM franchise. The idea needs to be fleshed out a bit, but i know its well within SI's capability to implement it without too many issues.

Its FOOTBALL MANAGER not BE A CHAIRMAN OF A FOOTBALL CLUB

It is a question of time. Probably these financial/business options will be introduced gradually over the years. It is a way that SI can keep and bring in more people with varied tastes.

PS: The game title is a bit tricky, because "manager" is vague. If it was "Football Coach" or Football Trainer" there would be no misunderstanding, but the word manager does leave room for a more business understanding of the game, for sure.

Archived