Wheres my crowd?

Im in a pickle. Im Messina in Serie A, I have stadium for 40k people. But theres half of that. I won CL last season and finisehd 4th in the league. Im undefeated this season after 6 league games, plus 2 CL games and Euro SC. But my avg. attendance is 20k. Is there even a possibility this to rise, or is this another stable number "behind the scene"?

Attendance is defined by three different hidden stats: min att., average att. and max. att. They do more or less what they say on the tin. You will reach your max attendance in important matches and against teams with a high reputation. You're probably limited by your max attendance, and even though it grows along with your reputation and prolonged success, this only happens slowly, especially I would imagine, in a smaller town such as Messina.

Juventus is a special case though, because historically most of the locals support Torino instead, while Juventus has always had a large following from around Italy and Europe.

As for Messina the problem is probably that you took them from a very lowly league to the big time and the newly built stadium is simply too large for the support base that has evolved during the rise of the club. It will build slowly along with your successes and if you think about it, this is pretty realistic. It takes time to build a support base and a tradition. In the game you started with a max attendance of 4732 and this has now evolved so that you have 20K plus supporters, which isn't half bad for a city that is classified as having 100001-250000 inhabitants.

Juventus is a special case though, because historically most of the locals support Torino instead, while Juventus has always had a large following from around Italy and Europe.

As for Messina the problem is probably that you took them from a very lowly league to the big time and the newly built stadium is simply too large for the support base that has evolved during the rise of the club. It will build slowly along with your successes and if you think about it, this is pretty realistic. It takes time to build a support base and a tradition. In the game you started with a max attendance of 4732 and this has now evolved so that you have 20K plus supporters, which isn't half bad for a city that is classified as having 100001-250000 inhabitants.

Yeah, I just thought Id have some kind of base as Messina was in Serie A just few years back.

Oh, that reminds me, its year 2037 in the game and half of the supporters from the glory days are dead :)

Seems realistic alright! Was just concerned if its never gonna change as it is already 4th season there so there should be some trust as well, and im a tilte contender. But as said above, itll improve in time.

Archived