Ability to cancel subs

As it says in the title really. can we have the ability to cancel subs if the scenario changes. For example winning 1-0 i take a striker off for a midfielder or defender, before the sub happens BOOM equaliser and the sub still comes on and i rage.

In much older games we waited for a stoppage in the game then subs could be made and were made immediately, this would be another acceptable alternative.

Please SI bring this in next year.

This kind of thing has made me shout like nothing before. Winning in injury time and use your last sub to tighten the teams defence and the ball goes in your net :mad:. I bet the pixel fans think I'm mad bringing on a defender after I have just let a goal in.

I'm not the most savvy of sub users (read: I'm completely rubbish) so I'm often left with 10 or less men on the field after I've just used all 3 subs at the same time late in the game...

I believe SI have stated in the past that they have tried to programme this but run into problems. Something to do with the processing of the game, that the incident you are viewing has already happened, but the subs have not, so as far as the game is concerned they are happening seperately. It's a pain, but because you can do things to tactics while the game runs, unlike in the past, they can't have a two-tier function without the game crashing. Apologies, I'm typing from memory - I don't have the technical know-how behind it.

To reduce this problem, I never make subs whilst a highlight is showing. I pause the game, then make the sub outside of a highlight. It's not foolproof, but it's better than not doing it.

Hope they solve it for FM11.

I believe SI have stated in the past that they have tried to programme this but run into problems. Something to do with the processing of the game, that the incident you are viewing has already happened, but the subs have not, so as far as the game is concerned they are happening seperately. It's a pain, but because you can do things to tactics while the game runs, unlike in the past, they can't have a two-tier function without the game crashing. Apologies, I'm typing from memory - I don't have the technical know-how behind it.

To reduce this problem, I never make subs whilst a highlight is showing. I pause the game, then make the sub outside of a highlight. It's not foolproof, but it's better than not doing it.

Hope they solve it for FM11.

You cant make changes whilst the game is running, this is the same as subs. You make the changes, but it waits for a break in play to implement them. And like the problem with subs the scenario may have changed.

This. :thup:

I sometimes make all 3 subs at the same time, but sometimes I just sub out 2, in case of an injury and I don't want to be down a man late in a close game.

Archived