i feel very sorry for Morton

Nope, that's fair. In that league after 3 rounds of games the league is split in two. A further 5 games are played against the people that are in your half. Basically Morton only had to play the bottom teams so were more likely to get points than Celtic who had to play the teams above them.

Hope that makes sense! :thup:

Nope, that's fair. In that league after 3 rounds of games the league is split in two. A further 5 games are played against the people that are in your half. Basically Morton only had to play the bottom teams so were more likely to get points than Celtic who had to play the teams above them.

Hope that makes sense! :thup:

thank you for the help

They've only got more points than 6th because in their last 5 games they've played against worse teams than if they'd been in the top six. It's a weird system though yes and it's time for a change in Scottish football. We've been saying that for years though!

Morton were the first team I played in 2010. Got them into the SPL first time round and then my save corrupted. Second time around it took me a couple of seasons but I had a better team and finished 4th I think it was. Good fun and good to see Morton in the SPL. They normally seem to struggle in all of my saves :(

I never knew that but the scottish league is stupid !!!

I wouldn't say that. It's basically similar to a playoff system and it's all due to the small number of teams in the top division which again is due to the small number of good teams in Scotland.

It could be shown in two separate tables to avoid misunderstandings but once you know the system it's easy to understand and fair imho.

I'm sure I've heard that the Scottish league is going to have a mass overhaul soon, expanding the SPL to 16 teams and thereby expanding the lower divisions. Possibly opening up to the lower league clubs (Highland League etc), for promotion/relegation like the English league.

I think it was on Sky Sports News a while back

I'm sure I've heard that the Scottish league is going to have a mass overhaul soon, expanding the SPL to 16 teams and thereby expanding the lower divisions. Possibly opening up to the lower league clubs (Highland League etc), for promotion/relegation like the English league.

I think it was on Sky Sports News a while back

Don't hold your breath! It would be the way forward but the those in charge of the SPL and SFL aren't exactly forward thinkers.

A 16 team or 18 team league seems to be the way forward but some of the SPL teams are not keen on this as they would lose revenue since they wouldn;t play the Old Firm only twice a season each instead of 4 times.

It would certainly make things more competitive though with more promotion places and relegated teams.

how is it stupid it makes more sense to have the teams at the top play each other to find out who should win the league and vise versa at the bottom.

I think he means the split itself is stupid, which I have to agree with. 12 teams in a league just doesn't work.

I think he means the split itself is stupid, which I have to agree with. 12 teams in a league just doesn't work.

Scotland is a small nation that does not receive much financial backing and most of it still goes to the OF by expanding the league more teams would go bust

Archived