Steam or Offline?

Well if your always connected to the net then steam is quicker and more convenient - no CD to store/find and no waiting for it to load in the CD drive. Drawback of steam is that 'premier' titles are expensive to buy direct...

if you`re on about the quickest way to install the game then i`d have to say offline mode as steam has to download the game before it will install it

Steam downloads the game at 3 Mb/s, no install.

Offline, no download, but install about as fast as the steam download.

Prolly both as fast as the other.

Steam downloads the game at 3 Mb/s

That depends entirely on your internet speed..

I'd use Steam personally - no disc needed, and can install on more than one computer (use when you have a desktop and a netbook like me!)

With Steam, you get two extra skins that were the default FM09 skins and also you have achievements.

Regarding speed, the installation without Steam is probably faster, however if you want to update your game you will have to do it manually.

Steam will automatically update your game.

As for convenience, you don't need to use the CD to play the game if you install with Steam and can play the game on any computer that has Steam.

With Steam you need to startup Steam and log into your account before you can play. (Depending on your settings Steam may also want to update first).

With the offline method you put the DVD in the drive and play.

So it depends on how many other disks you use and how far away your game box is - if FM2010 sits in your disk drive most of the time it'll be quicker than using Steam.

Archived