Youth Coaches and Regens Created.

As far as I am aware this divides opinion with the FM community..

Do the quality of a teams youth coaches affect the quality of regens created for that club?

Personally I hope youth coaches do have an effect, as that means we do have a direct affect on the players the games creates for us.

The evidence: The only two points I can think of that answers this question is that, teams that have good youngsters at the start of the game, (for example Marseille) have 5 or 6 above average youth coaches. However this point doesn't really answer the question as these players aren't regens.

My second and more conclusive point is that very often good and very good regens are created with a youth coach in there favoured personnel. Which suggests to me that youth coaches work with players (imaginatively) before they are created in the game.

I’m interested to hear other players’ views on this and maybe even someone from SI.

The floor is open to discussion.....

I don't think they do, because youth coaches work with the youth squad (U18, U19 or whatever) and when regens are created they get "promoted" to said youth squad. So youth coaches should only affect the quality of the training these players get once they're in your youth squad.

I had no regens worth mentioning at my first season at Marseille. But this could be because of the Youth Facilities rated at 12, despite some good Youth Coaches.

When the next season update is due, i'll do a little digging and see what happens when:

- I increase the Youth Facilities to 20 and decrease it to 1.

- I increase all my Coaches attributes to 20 and decrease to 1.

If i do this a dozen times, i might get some idea about what influences it :thup:

I had no regens worth mentioning at my first season at Marseille. But this could be because of the Youth Facilities rated at 12, despite some good Youth Coaches.

When the next season update is due, i'll do a little digging and see what happens when:

- I increase the Youth Facilities to 20 and decrease it to 1.

- I increase all my Coaches attributes to 20 and decrease to 1.

If i do this a dozen times, i might get some idea about what influences it :thup:

That would be awesome.

Archived