why are all new rendered players lousy?

have played for a few seasons now and am baffled by one aspect of the game - the new players generated are relly bad. At least a FEW players should become as good as some of the best players right now...but for some reason none of the new players in the game are near the same level of the best players when the game begins.

why is this? I have had this problem in previous fm's and every time I buy a new version I think that this time SI-Games must have made the game good enough to render good (or great) players as you keep playing it for several seasons.

im in my 8th season right now with arsenal and yet i have seen 0 talents in my own youth system (new rendered talents that is) that are close to good.

same goes for other team's players in england.

Okay well if you're in your 8th season you should probably have 2 or 3 world class regens. Do me a favour and try to prove this, go to player search and sort by value and post the first three regens that come up in the list.

I realise value isn't the be all and end all, but it's an indicator.

You are Arsenal. Hardly renowned for developing talent are they? Stealing it, yes. Developing, no!

Harsh words..harsh, but true :D Surely you can scout for some good young players. I have lots and most of the time don't read the scout reports because I have no more room for young talent.

I'm in the 2016-17 season right now and in my current game 6 of my starting 11 are newgens- most of them are good, some are becoming world-class.

On my bench, five of my players are regens- again, either already good or with world-class potential.

I don't know what you're talking about...

what leagues do you have loaded and what size databse? Those factors will influence the number of quality regens in your game.

I only have the premier league activated with a small database (so the game would load much quicker)

I have found a similar thing, Large database with EPL & Championship loaded (SPL viewable). Only 1 player between game start and now (2025) has been 5*. (I've scouted a LOT). I've seen about 20/30 4*s. Everyone else is 3.5 at best and it's frustrating. Always lacking a very specific fundamental talent that ruins their ability to score goals or defend properly etc.

I have found a similar thing, Large database with EPL & Championship loaded (SPL viewable). Only 1 player between game start and now (2025) has been 5*. (I've scouted a LOT). I've seen about 20/30 4*s. Everyone else is 3.5 at best and it's frustrating. Always lacking a very specific fundamental talent that ruins their ability to score goals or defend properly etc.

Stars don't show the true talent, they are just a guideline and change over the seasons.

You also have to understand that if you have worldclass players then a 3* potential player has the ability to play at a similar level = worldclass.

I've found in the last 2 FM's that the standard of regen is a lot better, befor FM 09, I'd only ever seen one world class regen, now in FM10, theres a few, including my favourite ever, David Fraser!!!! 22 years old and BY FAR best striker in the world in 2018!!!!

Oh just noticed, yeah I have 20 leagues running, all major europeans, brazil and argentina. That obviously helps as a bigger player set to find regens from.

England has produced very few quality regens in my game, but it definitely isn't a problem for most other countries. I've actually checked using FMRTE though, and there have been 3 English players in the last 10 years with a PA above 190. None of them had a CA above 150 at any point in their careers though, probably due to them being at huge clubs who wouldn't play them ahead of their already-quality players, but wouldn't sell them either.

Archived