Will FM 2010 work without a graphics card???

Hi

I just bought FM2010.... been playing FM2007 for a few years now.. always manually updating the database with the editor.

Cant wait to get home and get started. jus saw the system requirements on the package... it says minimum video card xyz......

Does anyone know if it will work without a graphics card??? Il be happy even if it allows me to play in 2d!!!

Thanks

FM10 needs a graphics processor to run, whether it be a Video Card or onboard Video on your motherboard.

What graphics processor are you currently running? It's likely it'll work fine in 2D, but 3D may bring some problems if it's far under the minimum spec.

You could have downloaded the FM10 Demo of course for free and tried it first :thup:

EDIT: If you're not sure about your current Video Card, click Start, then Run (or type Run into the searchbox in Win7), in the box that appears enter dxdiag and click OK. When dxdiag opens up, click the Display tab check the Device for Name and Memory.

Jovie you can look to see what graphics card your computer runs (as DivineOne says all computers now need them), by running the DxDiag command prompt. You should be able to find it using the search prompt on your computer, in the start menu on Vista, use right click>explore>search on XP (just search your hard drive). You'll be able to save the info as a .txt file (which you can open with notepad) which will give you info like:

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7050 / NVIDIA nForce 610i

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07E3&SUBSYS_E0381631&REV_A2

Display Memory: 1401 MB

Dedicated Memory: 249 MB

Shared Memory: 1151 MB

Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

about 3 sections down. The third line here gives the name of my (admittedly backwards) graphics card.

Thanks

im still at work.. will check up once i get home....

im a little confused cause i didnt buy a graphics card when i bought my pc....

my little cuz did play a game called Serious Sam: The Second Encounter... so im hoping this will work aswell

Thanks, once again

Thanks

im still at work.. will check up once i get home....

im a little confused cause i didnt buy a graphics card when i bought my pc....

my little cuz did play a game called Serious Sam: The Second Encounter... so im hoping this will work aswell

Thanks, once again

If you bought the complete computer from a store, then there will be a video card inside the base unit, or there will be an onboard video processor on the motherboard.

Basically, you wouldn't be able to view anything on the monitor if your computer didn't have either :D

You just need to run the dxdiag tool and see if your video card/onboard video is adaquate enough to run FM in 3D. Or just launch FM and test it yourself.

Thanks..... few more minutes before i head home... got butterflies... LOL

BTW- im from South Africa.... WC vibe is buzzing... best of all the State broadcaster has broadcast all the world Cup matches LIVE and for FREE!!!!

Thanks..... few more minutes before i head home... got butterflies... LOL

BTW- im from South Africa.... WC vibe is buzzing... best of all the State broadcaster has broadcast all the world Cup matches LIVE and for FREE!!!!

Great stuff about the free WC coverage. We must really take that for granted over here. Having said that ITV's coverage has been dire....

Back on topic...

The game works fine on my system at home!!!

im supposed to be ove the moon but im not.... because i dont have many spare hours to play FM2010...

FM2010 is too detailed... its more suited to someone who has lots of spare time.

another issue which i have is that even on "commentary only" the match takes too long... im not taking about the speed of my PC.. im taking about the match incidents!!!

In fm2007... i used to set up my scouts and training and tactics and then i would fly through a season over th weekend by playing most games on commentary only and the big games in key incidents....

BTWi have a 3 gig intel pentium 4 processor with 1 gig RAM...

intel 82945g express chipset with 128mb memory

I put it on full speed.... but it still quite slow....

i guess im hoping that i get used to these extra incidents in the match..... otherwise il jus go back to fm2007 and manually update the database.

sorted.... its running at full speed now...

not sure what the problem was...

playing with bremen... only played about 5 games... beat Bayern 4-2... Playing a 4-1-2-1-2.. similiar to houghs systems except that the centre striker is pulled back into the hole...

did that to cater for Mesut ozil.... and he is in stunning form.. scored 5 goals already....

won a german cup tie against a very weak opponent 7-0

Archived