Should Captains Be Able To Tutor...

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but here it goes anyway. So I was thinking about Football Manager while at the gym today (possibly one for the 'you know you're addicted when...' thread), and realised I had no good tutors upfront, so it makes life difficult in getting my youngsters to progress as well as I would like.

So for example, let's take Steven Gerrard. High determination, high influence, ideal captain. Now let's say Liverpool were to sign a young promising player that didn't play in the same position as Gerrard and no other "senoir" players in that position would make a good tutor. Surely it would be beneficial for said youngster to be able to learn off someone else in the team? Even if it was just to bring their determination up, as obviously someone like Steven Gerrard wouldn't make a good role model/tutor for a goalkeeper, but he most certainly could boost them mentally.

So to put this into images, this guy is my captain. Half decent stats for a captain, but it will do. And I want to get this guy tutored. But the worst part is all my other strikers have the same, or worse, determination stat than him, so getting him tutored by one of them may have a negative affect on him, besides maybe the PPMs. I would like to be able to pick my captain to tutor him to raise his mental attributes, while getting the strikers to tutor him to give him some PPMs.

I can't imagine in real life, if a manager suggested to their captain that X player could use some tutoring, they would say "no sorry, i'm not accomplished or a natural in that position". They would say "sure, i'll do my best" ... Maybe.

Thoughts?

How about the ability to ask for a volunteer to "befriend" a player, with the player who has the most similar personality to the tutee volunteering himself? The effect would be the same as personality tutoring.

It could also work for new signings coming to the country.

How about the ability to ask for a volunteer to "befriend" a player, with the player who has the most similar personality to the tutee volunteering himself? The effect would be the same as personality tutoring.

That's a really great idea actually. It'll give us more flexibility with the tutoring option.

This would definitely play off of the press conference questions that ask if you are going to have your current foreign player work with an incoming player that speaks the same native tongue. Make it an actual interaction that you ask one player that is a native Spanish speaker, but fluently speaks English to help the incoming Argentinian with translations and what not.

Yeah that is an idea as well. Would still like to be able to use captains more effectively in tutoring.

I think that's where personality would come in to it. As you say it would not work so well if Terry was to tutor a young striker who relied on... Let's say flair i.e Robinho. But if you had a young Rooney, then why would Terry's determination/aggression/bravery etc. not be beneficial for him?

I think that's where personality would come in to it. As you say it would not work so well if Terry was to tutor a young striker who relied on... Let's say flair i.e Robinho. But if you had a young Rooney, then why would Terry's determination/aggression/bravery etc. not be beneficial for him?

hmm good point. It would give you the power to mould a youngster into a certain type of player, which i suppose you can still do in the game if you find the right tutor... Ah i dont know, il be watching the thread.

Archived