I recently had a new laptop and it will not let me install fm10. It says something about GUI mode and have tried making a new user and installing and no use. I have also removed the exclamation mark from my user name and this is still no help. really need some help any ideas people?

1) What operating system is it?

2) MAC or PC?

3) Have your tried just waiting for a while to make sure it is just not back ground processing?

GUI mode is a phase of the installation for most software, so a specific message would be useful.

1) What operating system is it?

2) MAC or PC?

3) Have your tried just waiting for a while to make sure it is just not back ground processing?

GUI mode is a phase of the installation for most software, so a specific message would be useful.

Its for PC. And after the install anywhere gets to 100% it comes up with a small message and it says that.

Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. Unable to load and prepare the installer in gui mode.

Tryed leaving it and its no help dont know what it could be. Worked fine before on old laptop and am now beginning to wonder if its just this type of laptop

Does your Windows username have special characters in it? If so, you need to create a new account with no special characters and install it with that account.

nah it aint. ive tried that and it just dont seem to be working

Archived