Substitutes warming up

Just a little idea, would it be good if SI implemented a feature that allowed you to ask players to warm up, this would make the game more realistic as players rarely come on without warming up first.

If you didn't warm up the player they could have more chance of getting injured, or maybe not perform to their full ability.

What do you guys think?

I thought the delay the game takes to enforce the substitutions was meant as some sort of "warming up", even though probably it's more due to the ME recalculating the upcoming events...

I think the main floor with this, is that most people watch in "key" or "extended" highlights, therefore would not see most of the warmups. Also it takes usually several 'in-game' minutes for a sub to come anyway, by adding warmup time to that it would just take too long for a sub to come on, which would be very annoying if you're 1-0 down and need a forward on for the final few minutes. The only way around this would be to show every warmup emediatly, even on key highlights, but that would get very old, very quickly. :thdn:

I don't think this is necessary at all. IRL, managers send players to warm up but sometimes they don't plan to put them in the match, it's just for the sake of it. I think it would be cool if you could see the players warming up behind the goals or near the benches, but you didn't have to send them there.

I don't think this is necessary at all. IRL, managers send players to warm up but sometimes they don't plan to put them in the match, it's just for the sake of it. I think it would be cool if you could see the players warming up behind the goals or near the benches, but you didn't have to send them there.

exactly.

i'd rather see a feature like turmoil on the pitch being implemented, such as players surrounding the referee after a dubious call or arguing/pushing opposition players if the situation gets out of hand after an intentional dangerous foul etc.

these are not that uncommon on high-risk games such as important finals and what not.

Archived