Selling the best Centre Midfielder in the world?

I am the Birmingham manager and Barcelona have just offered me £65m for my star CM. Arguably the best CM in the world (with the best haircut in the world), but i do have a fantastic 19 y/o who has come through the ranks and is back up at the moment. I feel he has the potential to be as good as Kante. I am hoping to move into a new stadium but with a Bank Balance of £30m and with me losing money every month, only to make it back with prize money at the end of the season, i could do with the cash! So guys, need some advice! Do i sell up?

kante65m.jpg

I'd be very tempted to sell him, for two reasons, A: It's a lot of money and B: he can't jump, the only players I let have crap jumping at wingers and sometimes AMC.

That's just me though.

Although I should highlight that new stadiums are extremely rare and often unlikely even if you have the money and it'd be a good investment. I've seen a save of mine leave me with a 10,000 seater stadium for years and years despite being able to pull crowds three times that if they'd just build a cheap little £30 million stadium and make back the investment in a year or two. However, of course upgrading a birmingham city ground or getting a new one would be costing you at least a good 400 million odd I'd imagine. Although if it's going to happen you'd expect a loan.

Also don't get too hung up on losing money each month and it only being covered by prize money and ST sales - I would imagine thats how it will be at many clubs and your board probably takes it into account when setting your budgets. As long as they can consistently give you a decent transfer kitty every summer.

If i do sell, my 4 CM's would be Steven Defour, Yoann Gourcuff, James Rodriguez, my 19 year old new protege( who has the potential to be as good as Kante, but it would take a while imo), and a 18 y/o regen dmc who also has fantastic potential and is good enough for the ECL already.

Just out of interest, how much is needed in the bank for a new stadium? Or for the chairman to decide there is enough to take out a loan for a new stadium? Im in 2016 and am still in a 30,000 capacity stadium so im losing around £3m-£4m per month!

edit. I was typing this before the last 2 posts were posted!

It depends on who you have to replace him and/or who you can get to replace him. I don't know how good those players are but I'd find that kind of money difficult to turn down no matter who the player was.

If i do sell, my 4 CM's would be Steven Defour, Yoann Gourcuff, James Rodriguez, my 19 year old new protege( who has the potential to be as good as Kante, but it would take a while imo), and a 18 y/o regen dmc who also has fantastic potential and is good enough for the ECL already.

Just out of interest, how much is needed in the bank for a new stadium? Or for the chairman to decide there is enough to take out a loan for a new stadium? Im in 2016 and am still in a 30,000 capacity stadium so im losing around £3m-£4m per month!

edit. I was typing this before the last 2 posts were posted!

Depends on the size of Stadium. On my game, Liverpool are building a new one, and it's over 110,000 seats. And will cost about £510 million.

How much did you pay for this guy, I have never seen such a high valuation for someone playing for a smallish club and not at least attacking midfield/forward.

I only paid £11.5m for him. But bear in mind that i have won 2 Champions Leagues, 4 Premier Leagues, a Uefa Cup, a World Club Championship and countless minor trophys. So Birmingham are a massive club in my save now. Kante has also won a World cup with France.

Actually, definitely keep him. Always keep your best players, its what is the driving force behind your clubs success. You don't always want to be a selling club, I understand its still quite early in your career with Birmingham, but nevertheless, keep him until he is at least 27, then decide what you think, by then he might be your captain and you and he will have no desire to depart, regardless the fact that clubs will be ever willing to commit to probably more than the £65 million that is on offer at the moment.

It depends on who you have to replace him and/or who you can get to replace him. I don't know how good those players are but I'd find that kind of money difficult to turn down no matter who the player was.

These are the 4 players who would all be competing for 2 CM spots.

gourcuff.jpg

defour.jpg

beasley.jpg

biondi.jpg

My scouts think Biondi (Wonderkid) has the potential to be as good as Kante. I prefer Beasley, potential wise, but he would be a completely different type of player.

While ive been deciding what to do, i have been looking around at potential replacements when i came across this guy! Arguably a better Player that would surely cost a bit less than £65m? Can't believe ive never seen him before!

lemarchand.jpg

Well I remember selling Messi and Ronaldo for a combined $310m to Barca back in FM 08.

Such deals are worth accepting. You can buy better. ANd plus it's more of a challenge to sell your best players and still try to win.

Well I remember selling Messi and Ronaldo for a combined $310m to Barca back in FM 08.

Such deals are worth accepting. You can buy better. ANd plus it's more of a challenge to sell your best players and still try to win.

Am I the only person who's never seen the AI make an offer above 30, 40 millions?

agree in my newest game my stdium cost £550 Milions

How big is that one?

Personally, I love selling my players in order to give me the 'fresh challenge' of replacing them. I sold the likes of Diego, Iaquinta, Manuel Ruz, Rafinha, Kehl, Pablo, Maxi Rodriguez etc in a FM07 save, usually for like 25 million. The ones I really 'regretted' were Iaquinta (his replacement Toni didn't cut it and Torres just is not a very spiffy header of the ball) and Maxi Rodriguez (he was immense on the right wing and my captain to boot).

Then I was bored with my money and bought Kaka and Gerrard for 40m each and both sucked :p

P.S.: I also don't like players who can't head.

65million? Sell him, you will surely be able to buy a replacement for half that if you need too, but if you already have a replacement then no need to worry. Take the money.

Off topic - I keep seeing these threads where people are being offered ludicrous amounts for there players yet this has never EVER happened to me, I get offered joke prices for brilliant players all the time.

Archived