Corner cheat

Is it possible for the AI to be using the corner bug? Ive given up probably 18 Corner goals this season and only scored 1. I find it hard to believe that the AI can score so many corner goals.

Thanks. I have one of the top 3 goal keepers in the Norwegian P.L. But I know my defenders are not as good as I'd like them to be. It just frustrates me to no end how the AI seems to score so easily on corners.

Well as to that, I loaded all the premier leagues in Europe and South America. I was in Porto having a really easy time and decided I wanted more of a challange so I took over the newly promoted Fredrikstad team in Norway. I've brought in some players and am in 6th position halfway through the season (was picked to finish dead last). But yes I do concede quite a few corners. My main problem conceding corners is my DR and DL are both slow. Good stats other wise but slow and so they tend to kick the ball out quite a bit.

I feel my tactics are doing pretty well, its just Im giving up so many corner goals :(.

The AI can definitely use this. I don't think it's really exploited by them, but I've lost games because of it. It's annoying.

For a while I would sit there and just say "Okay. Mark that guy. Mark him. MARK HIM. NOW HE HAS THE BALL. NOW HE'S......." Figured it was a one time thing.Then I realized after it happening many more times despite me tweaking my corner tactics that this was the infamous corner cheat.

I think I know what you're talking about. The AI corner taker tend to pass it to a defender at the corner of the box (close to the taker), who then fires it diagonally into goal. Thankfully, most defenders have poor shooting stats so they don't score as often as the player's corner cheat.

I used to have a similar problem, but now on defensive corners i bring everyone back. Centre backs set to mark tall players, one player set to close down the corner, one player told just to go back (he acts as a zonal marker on the edge of the six yard box) and the rest of the players set to man mark. Since implementing this new system I hardly ever concede from corners and when I do its usually due to a miss match in height or jumping ability. Also my keeper has excellent areial ability and comes for many crosses in the six yard box.

I don't have this happen to me a lot but I have seen the AI do this maybe once every ten to fifteen matches or so. Also had one of my defenders do it to them about as often. I don't really like it, but its infrequent enough that it doesn't ruin my games. I'm hoping they can upgrade the match engine so that corner defenders automatically close off the gap for future patches/versions of the game.

Archived