Utds debt

hi all, i am in the thirdseason with man utd, and the debt just does not go down at all. even though i won the champions league twice in a row, the debt seems to increase!!

I havent won the league yet though.

has anyone managed to get them out of debt?

in previous saves, i got newcastle and tottenham out of debt.

I dont think there is a quicker way to get rid of the debt. As it is bank loans set with monthly payments to certain years, you have to stick to those payments so even if you have the biggest balance in the world, the board still wont pay it off any quicker.

Im in 2014 at the moment with a 100k seater stadium and a constant transfer budget every season of £166m and nearly £2m p/w below my wage budget and nothing is changing. I think its just a case of riding it out.

No, the debt is UTDs name, so if the Glazers go, the debt stays. Also, like SteveRobbo said, you just have to wait, because the installments are already set dates.

I think the only thing that would stay in Uniteds name is the bond that was taken out as that had clauses over the sale of carrington and old trafford as equity.

Any other debt i.e any loans the glazers initially took out to buy the club belong to the Glazers alone. If they were to sell United, the only debt that would remain is the £500m bond. I think most of it is taken out in dollars though so depending on the exchange rate at the time, the debt could actually be more or less.

This is an issue the Red Knights are having at the moment over buying the club. The Glazers want whatever they are asking but the red Knights want to pay about £500m less because the debt from the bnd would remain which they would have to keep paying the payments on.

Now United as a club could easily afford to pay off the bond comfortably from profits the club makes. The problem is the Glazers taking out extra money from the club to pay for their other personal loans (either to buy the club or from other projects or debts in the US). They have serious mortgage payments to pay on several failed shopping malls which they own. Also interest on the initial loans taken out to buy the club will be increasing.

I think some of the debts represented in the game are not Uniteds debts but actually the Glazers debts and because they take money from United to pay them, they reflect this in the game buy the club losing money to pay off loans.

LOL, ok!! i stick it out with utd then!! i was planning to win the premiership and then leave cause this is by far the hardest to win out of all the comps . and then leave for the real madrid job should it come up.

Its crazy that the glazers could use the club money for other purposes other than the club.. makes u wonder how they passed the fit and proper persons test before they took over.

The only way to get rid of the debt is to have a new chairmen who clears your debts. Alright I know United has a huge bill, but I've seen this happen at clubs when a sugar daddy took over.

Well the chances of course are minuscule. Unless you like FMRT.

Archived