Interesting fact about new stadium names

Hi Guys,

I found this by accident, but could see it being used by people to name their new stadium whatever they want.

It was the end of the season, so in my narcissistic fashion i wanted to see what players and staff had me in their favoured personnel. Unfortunately my manager name is just 2 initials... so when you go 'favourites include J B' a million results come up... to overcome this, i nicknamed myself eg. Boloslick

Then i hit continue, the next news item was 'Mariners build new stadium, and name after greatest ever manager: 'Boloslick Stadium'

When i removed my nickname my stadium name stayed the same...

so in conclusion, if u know your about to get a new stadium... nickname yourself Wembley or something

Nice find, didn't know about this. Never had a stadium built with a name other than 'Team X Stadium' though :(

Agreed, this is a real gem to know. Even if you don''t know you are about to get a new stadium, just give yourself a nick until you do get one.

Great work.:thup:

Im managing northampton in the premiership in october 2021, only have 10,000 seats with no chance of expansion due to lack of space. Im gonna nickname myself Olympic and pretend olympics have came to northampton if i get named after it. Does the olympic stadium in northampton sound right? Anyone from northampton in? :-)

Villa named a stadium after my manager account in 2027, Senior Stadium. I felt Senior Arena had a better ring to it, though I am just glad they opted against Senior Park, if only because it conjures up images of lots of old folk sitting around a pond...

Archived