Transfer Save Game + Buy

Two questions in one here, guys;

I recently bought a new Toshiba laptop and, being the committed manager that I am, would love to continue my save game from my desktop onto my laptop. My question, then, is -- how do I do that? I would assume that one would put it on a website that allowed you to transfer stuff like that, as I know people post their save games on these forums for others to play. I'm really un-savvy in these kinds of things, so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Secondly, I would like to know if there is a way to install the game on my laptop without having to buy it again. Of course, if I had a disc, everything would go more easily. However, I bought the game via Steam, which means no disc. I understand that if I download steam on my laptop and sign in under my current account, I should be able to get the game. My question is if I can do this without buying the game again. Can I just install it? No? I'd think that Steam's version of security against illegal downloaders would be more thorough than simply signing in and installing the game. I would like to play the game without paying another 20 quid or so.

Cheers!

Two questions in one here, guys;

I recently bought a new Toshiba laptop and, being the committed manager that I am, would love to continue my save game from my desktop onto my laptop. My question, then, is -- how do I do that? I would assume that one would put it on a website that allowed you to transfer stuff like that, as I know people post their save games on these forums for others to play. I'm really un-savvy in these kinds of things, so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Secondly, I would like to know if there is a way to install the game on my laptop without having to buy it again. Of course, if I had a disc, everything would go more easily. However, I bought the game via Steam, which means no disc. I understand that if I download steam on my laptop and sign in under my current account, I should be able to get the game. My question is if I can do this without buying the game again. Can I just install it? No? I'd think that Steam's version of security against illegal downloaders would be more thorough than simply signing in and installing the game. I would like to play the game without paying another 20 quid or so.

Cheers!

unfortunately i dont use steam but im confident you will be able to just install it on your laptop.

as for your save game it is located in your documents/sports interactive/football manager 2010/games

just copy your save game file to a usb disk or writable cd (worst case send it to yourself via email as an attachment if it isnt too large) and then copy it onto your laptop. if you copy it to your documents/sports interactive/football manger 2010/games on your laptop it will appear when you go to load game otherwise you will have to browse to find it

As far as I know the game you bought from steam is associated to your steam account. So if you install steam on any computer you can play, the game will be there once you log in to steam.

For transferring your saved game just do what JGM said. :thup:

Archived