Significance of Coaches

I'm currently at Newcastle and just got promoted to the Premier League

I have 17 vacant spots for coaches and just bought in 3-4

My stars for every respective area went from 3* to 4 1/2* so my question is how significant are coaches in this game?

With so many decent attacking coaches, shooting, disciplinarians and such is it highly more likely these players stats will increase quicker? Making them worth more money overall?

Please feel free to refer me to another thread if needs be I just wondered for future clubs if coaches are vital to progress and ability of each individual player

Thanks

There will probably be more definitive answers in the Tactics and Training Forum but from what i've gathered, Coaches don't play a particulary big part in the development of youth. The stars they're awarded are dependant on their Determination, Motivating and Discipline and number of players on the schedule.

There has been a few discussions to suggest that Youth Coaches with high Determination, Motivating and Discipline and possibly Coaching Youngsters has an effect on the quality of youth regens that appear though, but i've not read anything conclusive.

There will probably be more definitive answers in the Tactics and Training Forum but from what i've gathered, Coaches don't play a particulary big part in the development of youth. The stars they're awarded are dependant on their Determination, Motivating and Discipline and number of players on the schedule.

There has been a few discussions to suggest that Youth Coaches with high Determination, Motivating and Discipline and possibly Coaching Youngsters has an effect on the quality of youth regens that appear though, but i've not read anything conclusive.

So with all this said - coaches look impressive but with no deep meaning essentially, unless in myth

The majority of threads I've read or looked at through the advanced search have been questions specifically regarding youth coaches. Assuming I have coaching at its finest is it also safe to say even my crop of 25 first team players will be playing better than if I say had lower rated coaches?

In terms of improving players its the coaches workload you need to look at and make sure its "light" in all areas which means the coaches aren't overworked.

The stars are more relevant when you use different training schemes and want to improve some areas more than others. The more *s you have the better/faster the (re)distribution of a players CA.

Archived