German regens not capped

Now i know about the data file you can delete in order to get real german players capped etc.

But i had got to the lovely stage of the game when germany had a full team of regens capped, and playing them regularly. Then i downloaded the 10.3 patch (this was a while ago, just felt like raising the issue now). Only for germany to then qualify for a world cup and resort ot a team of greyed out players!

Im not sure what happened, that was around 2020-ish. Its now 2032, and ever since i got the new patch, germany have never called up a regen, and i cant work out why. Can anyone help?

Topic number 3843 on German regens :D

Germans being capped was deemed to be a 'bug'. Regens should never have been called up and capped by Germany, as such it was 'fixed' in 10.3. German regens are no longer called up and capped by the National team.

Now i know about the data file you can delete in order to get real german players capped etc.

But i had got to the lovely stage of the game when germany had a full team of regens capped, and playing them regularly. Then i downloaded the 10.3 patch (this was a while ago, just felt like raising the issue now). Only for germany to then qualify for a world cup and resort ot a team of greyed out players!

Im not sure what happened, that was around 2020-ish. Its now 2032, and ever since i got the new patch, germany have never called up a regen, and i cant work out why. Can anyone help?

When you installed the patch the "data file" returned and hence Germany are back to "grey" players.

As you've played on I don't think deleting it will make any difference but you could try (its under the 10.3 section btw).

Ah i see! No i deleted the file and nothing has changed.

Shame it was removed as it was a really nice bug! I searched for this before but never found a precise answer. Thanks though guys

The german 'greys' somehow remind me of CM03-04 (Extremely good). I was never able to beat a full-grey team in that game (Though I've only played twice against them). The closest match I won was a Intercontinental Cup match with Arsenal against Boca, who had lots of greys but some of them (E.g. A serbian keeper) weren't, and I won just 4-2

And... yeah, I can't beat German greys, either (3-3 with Argentina and an unlucky 0-1 with Norway), but they never won anything in my game

Give it some time. Maybe until the next squad nomination. If you have deleted the right file in the right folder, it should work.

Did you read all the posts? :D

German regens are no longer called up in 10.3

SI don't hold the licences for the German team and i haven't seen anything on the forum to suggest otherwise. In the past, there was an unofficial 'workaround' for calling up real German players, but they obviously want to close this 'loophole' and they have done in 10.3

SI don't hold the licences for the German team and i haven't seen anything on the forum to suggest otherwise. In the past, there was an unofficial 'workaround' for calling up real German players, but they obviously want to close this 'loophole' and they have done in 10.3

Not true swisso ;)

Care to ellaborate?

There was a post from a SI employee somewhere where he stated that they consider it a "bug" now and it's been fixed in 10.3 so no German regens are called up.

It was a bug that newgens were called up when real players were blocked.

Presuming you use the workaround to allow real players then newgens will follow into the squad over time.

However when you patch the game you need to do the "workaround" again.

that explains, why my 2 excellent german re-gens haven't been selected for the team in 2023... was going to write an angry letter to matthias sammer (current manager) and give him an earful to select the 2...

quite gutted for them now :/

Archived