A-League Tips

After clearing my error on my last save I've started a new one, in the A-League with Sydney. Very small budget (80,000) and limited to how many foreign players are allowed in the team so it seems a good challenge. Pre-season game out the way I'm about to start the season, anybody managed in this league who have any player suggestions who would come and do a good job? really needing a striker and a goalie.

I did have two cracking young players interested in signing on loan but both of their clubs wanted £300,000 plus initial payment and I obviously haven't got it.

Any suggestions welcome.

first year is hard... look to brazil for cheap players

1. but shortlist ALL capped aussies based in europe... these guys are often available on free once contract expires and will rip up the a-lge.... (grella, cahill, valeri, williams, jedinak)

2. look at CCM youth squad as they are the only australian club with academy

3. use your foreign players on key positions (eg a fast striker)

4. make use of appearance/goal bonus cos the salary cap hurts

goalie - tando velahpi from perth is a good prospect

striekrs - look for pace

Remember that the highest earner sits outside the cap.

Play friendlies with the AIS amd scout their players; they will generally have the best young talent.

The fact you chose Sydney shows that you're a genuine neophyte with Australian football - or not in your right mind. Best of luck; you shall need it. ;D

Remember that the highest earner sits outside the cap.

Play friendlies with the AIS amd scout their players; they will generally have the best young talent.

The fact you chose Sydney shows that you're a genuine neophyte with Australian football - or not in your right mind. Best of luck; you shall need it. ;D

A Melbourne Victory fan doing down Sydney, wow, could never have predicted that! I sense the sarcasim in the last sentence so I won't bite. The fact I wanted a different type of a game and a challenge elsewhere, a mid-table Sydney side seem the option. I don't see the point in going the best side in the league. I like your assumption about me being a novice to Aus football, you're wrong but I don't need to explain myself.

first year is hard... look to brazil for cheap players

1. but shortlist ALL capped aussies based in europe... these guys are often available on free once contract expires and will rip up the a-lge.... (grella, cahill, valeri, williams, jedinak)

2. look at CCM youth squad as they are the only australian club with academy

3. use your foreign players on key positions (eg a fast striker)

4. make use of appearance/goal bonus cos the salary cap hurts

goalie - tando velahpi from perth is a good prospect

striekrs - look for pace

Cheers mate, I'll bear that in mind. I'll check out Velahpi and I like the idea of scouting the Aussies in Europe. Rhys Williams was the one I was trying to bring in on loan, he was interested but Boro wanted £325,000 as initial fee.

ok. there are many things you can do. Some free aussie players of quality are Michael Baird, Joshua Rose, Josh Mitchell, Kasey Wherman. Look at those 4. They will work. Danny milosevic is also free as a goalie. For your nest season, I would look through the EPL sides for players coming off contract and hit them the day after they are released. If they look to be decent CCC players, they will be beasts in the A-league. Ritchie De Leat for example from Man utd. Think of the A-league as the bottom half of the CCC.

Some aussies to look for are paul wringe (usually turns into a good backup player and sells for a bit if you work him), Dario Vidosic (once off contract in Germany, get him. This is not a question nor a suggestion.), Ersan Gulum (A dc playing in Turkey who can control games out the back) and Spase Diveleski (not sure on the spelling of the surname but he is playing in Croatia and will be a handy MC)

ok. there are many things you can do. Some free aussie players of quality are Michael Baird, Joshua Rose, Josh Mitchell, Kasey Wherman. Look at those 4. They will work. Danny milosevic is also free as a goalie. For your nest season, I would look through the EPL sides for players coming off contract and hit them the day after they are released. If they look to be decent CCC players, they will be beasts in the A-league. Ritchie De Leat for example from Man utd. Think of the A-league as the bottom half of the CCC.

Some aussies to look for are paul wringe (usually turns into a good backup player and sells for a bit if you work him), Dario Vidosic (once off contract in Germany, get him. This is not a question nor a suggestion.), Ersan Gulum (A dc playing in Turkey who can control games out the back) and Spase Diveleski (not sure on the spelling of the surname but he is playing in Croatia and will be a handy MC)

Fantastic, thanks for all that mate. I've made a note of all them and I'll go and check them out now.

I did try Josh Mitchell not long after starting but he opted for a move to Cluj instead. Hopefull a few of them free ones will join me, could do with building the squad with some quality.

The A-League is a tad easy, I think. It's far too easy to have better players than the opponents. They continuously buy horrendous players - even by the A-League standard. I managed to lure both Josh Mitchell and Mark Viduka to the Roar as well as have the best GK in the competition and quite a few other players. It'd get harder though as the Aussie regens are either complete rubbish or far too good and big clubs come knocking.

Mark Viduka and kasey Wehrman on free's!!! Just check the Australia squad and Australia U21's there are some free's there, But viduka and Wehrman wil be the best in those positions in the entire league! IRC they want 1,500p/w :)

A Melbourne Victory fan doing down Sydney, wow, could never have predicted that! I sense the sarcasim in the last sentence so I won't bite. The fact I wanted a different type of a game and a challenge elsewhere, a mid-table Sydney side seem the option. I don't see the point in going the best side in the league. I like your assumption about me being a novice to Aus football, you're wrong but I don't need to explain myself.

You're right, just mucking about. Sydney have actually had a fine season so perhaps they won't be as hard a challenge as you suspect.

Archived