Strangest New Stadium Names

What's the strangest name (named for a person or otherwise) you've seen in Football Manager.

Right now I have Real Madrid playing at Milner Park, named after their greatest player James Milner. Now I'm from Leeds and a Newcastle fan so I think James Milner is awesome, but Real Madrid picking him as their best player ever?!

hahaha, the Milner thing at Madrid. Im also a newcastle fan and love Milner, but i still find thta hard to believe.

I havnt had many unusual ones though, Newcastle new stadium was named Taylor Arena (and i loved it!)

In mine West Ham have Zola Park. He managed them till he retired, and won the league once or twice.

Hull, Man City and Chelsea have grounds named after themselves.

Nothing unusual to be honest. Apart from when Liverpool failed to name their stadium after me. :(

In my save west brom play at the West Bromwich stadium and Chelsea are also at the zhirkov stadium

At histon I've had two new stadiums

Gwillim park after an ex player who is now my assistant

Now I'm about to move into the 59890 seater roofed Stadium Named after me :-)

sirjoerichardson2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In FM09 Wimbledon played at "Blackstock Park". Named after Dexter Blackstock. When the board told me the name I got a bit disapointed, hoped that they would name it after me, but Blackstock was the sole reason that I was able to lead the team to the Premier League. So it was ok. :)

I think that Stadiums should only be named after players who have a legendary status for the club, played there for a vast majority of their career and achieved something special at the club.

Aside from the "legendary status" thing, that's impossible to do. I mean, the game can't tell if a long retired player spend most of his career at a club or achieved "something special".

Reading moved to the Death Arena on mine :(

My stadium as Cardiff is odd because it isn't named after anyone. We moved from Cardiff City Stadium to........ Cardiff Stadium. This was announced the season I became an Icon at the club and my top striker had been one for a couple of seasons. Just hit me as a real lack of creativity from my board.

In my save west brom play at the West Bromwich stadium and Chelsea are also at the zhirkov stadium

At histon I've had two new stadiums

Gwillim park after an ex player who is now my assistant

Now I'm about to move into the 59890 seater roofed Stadium Named after me :-)

sirjoerichardson2.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Whats that skin?

Wonder if one of the stands is named after Colin Bell. (Bell End)

I remember back around the time they moved into the City of Manchester Stadium, they asked people to vote for the stand names, and one of the options was Mr. Bell. I believe lots of non-city fans voted for that particular option...

83000 capacity not enough for you?!

I asked them to expand (2019) and was told they'd never be able to because of council restrictions.

Yes it is enough but I want a new stadium named after me.:D I've spent 10 seasons there, winning 7 consecutive Serie A, 3 Champions Leagues, and countless other trophies. And I have the Legend status.

In mine West Ham have Zola Park. He managed them till he retired, and won the league once or twice.

Hull, Man City and Chelsea have grounds named after themselves.

Nothing unusual to be honest. Apart from when Liverpool failed to name their stadium after me. :(

Chelsea moved into Zola Arena on my save. Bit strange as they have been managed by Ancelloti all the way through the save (Now 5 Jan 2019) and Zola has never been back to the club so it's his time as a player that's earned him the recognition. I'll bet Frank Sinclair's fuming!

At the end of the season Wolves will be moving into a ground named after me. It's the only reason I've not moved on as I'm chomping at the bit for a new challenge.

Can't wait til Man Utd move to Ji Sung Park...

I'll get my coat.

Haha like your thinking. On my save Manc City play at the Goater Arena, I think its should hav just been the Goat Arena or Goater Rena, clearly FM has no cheeky side :).

Also Real Madrid play at the Ferrara Stadium, named after current manager Ciro Ferrara who had only been in charge a couple of years and is only supremley succesful due to the epic team I built before I left for Man United, the glory stealing female dog.

Once Uniteds debts are clear they better build a new satdium and name it after me.

In one of my old games on fm2007 chelsea moved into Zola Park in around 2020 or so, and a couple of years after that Bolton (who were managed by Zola and was now a club favourite) moved into a place called Zola Stadium....so in effect Zola had TWO bloody stadiums named after him. Add to that, Bolton sacked him only a season or two later, and he dropped off the favourites list, so they had a stadium named after a person they now hated.

Ah Football manager, its a funny funny world. Surely bizzare things like that were fixed in later versions though (fm07 was my last fm game).

It does strike me as a bit odd. How many stadiums in England are named after people? Most are named after locations, historical stuff or sponsors.

It's only the other continental countries (Spain, Germany, Italy, France etc) that name stadiums after people. Even then mostly to benefactors (rich owners).

But most of English football grounds are ancient. The new ones are almost exclusively named after sponsors: reebok, kc, emirates, ricoh, walkers e.t.c. which is never going to be in fm because of money issues. There are at least two high profile grounds named after people however (madjeski and dw)

Archived