Fitness

I see a lot of threads complaining of a lot of injuries which leads me to ask the question; What is the lowest fitness level people will start a player in a match?

I will rarely play anybody below 95%, unless he is a very important player, in a very important match and I would never dream of starting anybody under 90%. I just don't seem to have these injury problems I keep hearing about, in fact, sometimes I wish I would get more injuries so I could try out other players!

I must have 20 seasons or more of FM10 under my belt, so I wouldn't put it down to just luck.

Just wanted to add; Could people put if there having problems with injuries or not as well.

It depends who I play as. If I am a big team with a big enough squad to cope then I will prefer players over 95% but will allow key players that are a little below. I will very rarely play players below 90%. With a lower league team with a small squad, 90% is the the min I want to them to have but will probably have to allow a bit of leeway for key players sometimes like 88 or 89%.

The 90% or lower really bugs me. IRL, a lot of players play when they aren't 'fully fit' or carring knocks, and they still make important contributions to a game.

No matter that I have a striker who normally gets 1 goal per game on av, if he is 'yellow' (classed as coming back from injury) and maybe 70-80 % I can guarantee that if I play him, he will virtually not even have 1 shot on goal, never mind a goal itself, and I've tested that on many occasions.

How many times have we seen someone similar irl make an important contribution when not 'fully fit' and then get taken off after the points are seemingly won ?

For starters, Torres has been in that boat for 2 years now and it hasn't stopped him from knocking them in.

Therefore imo, that 'area' of the ME needs a bit of a tweak

Archived