What do you have in this folder?

There is nothing in that folder.

Try this:

Remove your Cache and settings files:

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

Windows XP:

1. Click on 'My Computer'

2. Select 'Tools'

3. Choose ''Folder Options'.

4. Once there go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click 'My Computer'

2. Select 'Organize'

3. Next Click 'Folder and Search Options'.

4. Once there go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

When you have followed these steps you need to follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to : 'Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\'

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' Folder.

4. Delete the 'Football Manager 2010' Folder.

Wndows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' Folder

5. Delete the 'Football Manager 2010' Folder.

I'm updating my Java as we speak right now but my graphics card is not listed in the drivers list as it's too old (Nvidia GeForce 2 MX).

The GeForce 2 MX is known as a 'legacy' card now, since it's no longer being updated by Nvidia.

Just choose Legacy from the 'Product Type' drop down menu.

- Uninstall the game completely and try a clean reinstall - Check. Nothing happens.

- Uninstall the game completely then update my Java and try again - Check. Nothing happens.

- Run an anti-virus scan and clean my PC - Check. Still nothing happens.

- Try patch 10.03 - Check. Nothing happens.

- Try patch 10.02 - Check. Still nothing happens for the millionth time. :mad:

Is this game fix-immune or something? Seriously it's driving me over the edge. I've tried absolutely everything I can except updating my graphics card driver and still nothing. :mad:

Not sure what you can do. Have you tried using a different skin?

Are you installing it with Steam or without Steam?

I've tried using 4 different skins to no avail. :( I'm installing it without Steam,why does that matter anyway? BTW how much GB's is the game supposed to be? So I could know if there are any missing files or something.

Using Steam involves a different installation process. I'd try and install it via Steam if that's the one thing you haven't tried yet.

If installing via Steam doesn't work, i'd perhaps try changing the installation folder to something else if the option is there when installing.

I've tried using 4 different skins to no avail. :( I'm installing it without Steam,why does that matter anyway? BTW how much GB's is the game supposed to be? So I could know if there are any missing files or something.

As Swisso said installing with Steam is a different process. It should still work either way obviously but it is not always that simple.

I think the game is around 2.4 or 2.5GB.

As Swisso said installing with Steam is a different process. It should still work either way obviously but it is not always that simple.

I think the game is around 2.4 or 2.5GB.

Bingo,I think that's the problem. The game I have is around 1.91GB only,but that's without any additional facepacks or logos. I don't know if it could be that there are missing files that are causing this?

Unlikely there are that many missing files. If it was that obvious then SI would have to take a serious look at it, but nothing has been mentioned so far.

Give the Steam install a try :thup:

Unfortunately I don't have a credit card so I can't buy it through Steam. How many GB's is the game you have? And also is that with or without any additional facepacks/logos?

Bingo,I think that's the problem. The game I have is around 1.91GB only,but that's without any additional facepacks or logos. I don't know if it could be that there are missing files that are causing this?

I don't think so. I just checked mine and it is 2.42GB. I installed with Steam though and there are a couple of extra skins with that. I also have 3 patches included with that while since you just reinstalled probably have no patches and if you do you may only have one if you reinstalled the latest one. There are also other steam files and I have the advanced panel in the editor which is not there by default. I also have Steam achievements which you won't have and new commentary that I downloaded. There could be other things I've forgotten as well.

I am not including anything in the My Documents folder like custom skins, logos, facepacks, saved games etc. but only what is in Program Files.

You can install with Steam with the disc. You don't need to purchase it from Steam.

Have you bought the game on DVD? I wouldn't be surprised if SI introduced 'hidden league tables' to frustrate pirates. They've done similar things in the past like doubling transfer fees.

Install Steam from here and i'm sure theres a way to install it via Steam with the DVD Key you have in the box.

Have you bought the game on DVD? I wouldn't be surprised if SI introduced 'hidden league tables' to frustrate pirates. They've done similar things in the past like doubling transfer fees.

Install Steam from here and i'm sure theres a way to install it via Steam with the DVD Key you have in the box.

Yeah,my game requires the DVD to play. BTW when did they double the transfer fees for pirates? That sounds hilarious. :D

Archived