Questions on Football Manager 2010

I am new to this forum and am thinking of getting the game but have a few questions 1st.

1) Does it come with countries on here as well as I can set up my own world cup tournament? or does it just have the individual leagues from each country

2) Can I set it up so where the computer manager controls both teams and just watch the games unfold. Or do I have to make the decisions for one of the teams? I really like to just let the computer manager control both team and watch the game unfold.

You can set it so that your assistant arranges all friendlies, and I believe so that he handles the senior squad for all games as well.

There are national teams, yes. I believe you can use the editor to create a tournament that runs with preset national teams as well, to create a custom world cup.

Some national teams don't have any players in them at the beginning due to licensing issues, but the game creates/generates new players every season, so eventually those teams will also have full squads. However, it's not that big of a problem as there are very few of these kind national teams.

Some national teams don't have any players in them at the beginning due to licensing issues, but the game creates/generates new players every season, so eventually those teams will also have full squads. However, it's not that big of a problem as there are very few of these kind national teams.

That problem can be got around anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I think he means countries as in playable leagues...

There are loads of countries you can manage in. More than any other football management game around.

Oh right.

Well you can create leagues as well, either fictional ones or real ones that are not in the game. I would say the community has already created virtually every real life league from every country in the world including many obscure ones anyway and you can download them.

Yes I want to be able to play any country possible.. so you are saying a few cannot be played.. which ones.. im curious

Also can you setup like a world cup qualification tournament? does the game know how to set up the divisions and how many games for each team that need to played etc.

Yes I want to be able to play any country possible.. so you are saying a few cannot be played.. which ones.. im curious

Also can you setup like a world cup qualification tournament? does the game know how to set up the divisions and how many games for each team that need to played etc.

Do you mean the national team or manage a club from the nation?

You can manage virtually any national team possibly not some of the really obscure ones on starting the game until they generate players in the game. Germany and Japan also cannot be managed with the default set up either but that is not a problem. The Germany and Japan thing cannot really be discussed on here due to licensing issues though.

You can create leagues with the editor as well and can create and edit international competitions with the advanced panel in the editor.

Do you mean the national team or manage a club from the nation?

You can manage virtually any national team possibly not some of the really obscure ones on starting the game until they generate players in the game. Germany and Japan also cannot be managed with the default set up either but that is not a problem. The Germany and Japan thing cannot really be discussed on here due to licensing issues though.

You can create leagues with the editor as well and can create and edit international competitions with the advanced panel in the editor.

is there any way of solving this issue with the German National side so that they actually have the correct players??

is there any way of solving this issue with the German National side so that they actually have the correct players??

PM'd.

OP, you can't just tell two teams to play each other, if that is what you mean. They only play against each other when the ingame schedule requires it. You can of course agree friendlies with any other club side.

And regarding just watching matches, you can AFAIK view any match played between two sides (AI-controlled or not).

Archived