Steam keeps creating TWO Football Manager directories

I guess you're on Windows 7. If you go to Documents you see two locations as you are in a library. There is a Sports Interactive folder in each one. There are Documents that are for your individual user and public documents.

The private one is the one by default I think but it depends what it says is the user data folder in the game. If you go to preferences, you should see user data folder at the bottom. If your name is part of it then it is the private one that is being used but if public is there instead then that is the one being used.

What you can do is this to remove the one not being used from view is this. There should be small blue text at the top of Documents window. It says "2 locations". If you click that you can then select the public one (or private one depending on the one you are not using) and click the remove button. It doesn't delete it but it removes it from the view so now you should only see one folder for Football Manager and that is the one you use.

In Windows 7 it is the top folder if you still use the default sorting. (In fact it all seems to be the top one).

As a tip, try unticking skin cache in preferences>display and you might find your images appear. Worked for me.

Goto My Documents, at the top, you should see '2 locations'. Click it, on the window that pops up, choose 'Public Documents' and then press 'Remove'. Click OK and the one you don't need will not be shown.

Archived