New Squad Selection/Tactics Page - Thumbs up or down?

• SI Staff

Hi,

There's a new substitution and squad selection page in update 3 (the one with the formation showing).

What do people think - do you prefer the new over the old?, any other changes you'd like to see in future versions etc.?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Marc

• SI Staff
I think it's alot better, I haven't checked yet but have any other formations been added with update 3?

No new formations added - it was improving the selection system itself (both for player picking and making formation changes more obvious/easy) which we concentrated on ... I'll consider new formations for FMHi 2011 in due course, but unfortunately there are limitations to what we could do in an update.

:thdn:

I'm not so keen on it, would be nice if there was an option on how to view it.

I never use the drag and drop method, I prefer to touch which two players I want to swap.

And also as someone else mentioned, having to scroll up/down to see players condition etc is a ball ache.

Bit of a thumbs down from me i'm afraid - being right handed and with the players listed on the right side of the screen, i'm finding it more difficult to drag and drop correctly, especially if I want to substitute or swap the position of my strikers/attacking midfielder. Is there a way to change the orientation so that the players are listed on the left?

I like the ability to change formation from within this screen though.

• SI Staff
Bit of a thumbs down from me i'm afraid - being right handed and with the players listed on the right side of the screen, i'm finding it more difficult to drag and drop correctly, especially if I want to substitute or swap the position of my strikers/attacking midfielder. Is there a way to change the orientation so that the players are listed on the left?

At the moment you can't change the pitch position .... however thats an interesting idea and something we can probably do for the next version of the game.

I like the ability to change formation from within this screen though.

Cool.

I love the new design, but I have an idea to make it even better.

I have HUGE fingers, thus dragging and dropping is a bit hard for me. The standard clicking interface is still faster for me for selecting the team at the start.

What if we could tap on the formation view? tap on the right to select the player and then on the field to put the player in position?

The original tap interface is still great when in detailed view and standard view, but reverting to it when you this big beautiful formation view to place players on just seems wrong :)

Big Kudos on the update, if only I had a better phone so that I could use the search function without the memory warning appearing.

Archived