Screen rotation

180 degree flip? I'd like to see that too.

It'd be cool to have a screen when in portrait orientation that was like a screen saver with the time and battery level on which would make that information accessible on every screen without having to squeeze it in somewhere at the expense of something else.

• SI Staff

I'll take a look at that for next version - should be possible, tbh I haven't done it simply because it means I have to recalculate a lot of coordinates continually in both the drawing and input (which hurts my head* ;) ).

*Bear in mind that the '2d UI' you see is actually a 'texture' image drawn in OpenGL onto a side of a 3d cube which is then placed in such a way that you see it as a 2d screen with the coordinates, input etc. being translated.

• SI Staff
How about just a right side or left side option in the menu, nothing worse than in a middle of a game the screen flips as you bounce up and down in delight.

If I do it then it'll do it automatically dependant on how you're holding the device - that is if you bounce up and down so long as you don't actually do somersaults you'll be fine ;)

• 9 months later...
  • SI Staff
Any chance of this appearing in a future update?

I've got it implemented here - QA are presently throwing bugs at me concerning it ... but all being well they'll be ironed out and it'll be present and correct in the next update.

Archived