Reserves - any effect on players?

Hi,

Does placing players in your reserves squad have any effect on them, i.e. could a player become unhappy if he was moved from the first team to the reserves? Its my understanding that the reserves is there just as a sort of holding place if you have a lot of players so in that sense it wouldnt make sense if it effected morale etc?

I'm only asking because I would probably prefer to move any loaned out players into the reserves so they aren't in my way but dont want to do this if it will effect them negatively.

Thanks.

• SI Staff

Placing someone in the reserves won't affect them negatively unless they're transfer listed already (in which case it does emphasise that they're not going to be around for long given any chance) - apart from that no its just a holding place at present.

Incidentally you can 'filter out' which players are visible on the main squad screen which might help you avoid having to physically move players? (only available in update 3 if you don't have it please grab it - its a free download).

• SI Staff
So does demoting them not even give them a kick up the bum to encourage a player to sort out their poor form?

At the moment no it doesn't - should we evolve this to incorporate full reserve leagues etc. in the future then it might be something we'll consider - at the moment though its mainly an 'organisational aid' to keep the squad from getting too cluttered.

Its a balancing act tbh between people who are using it for that and others who want to be able to use it as a 'warning' to players to buck up their ideas - how about for next iteration I make it 'warn' senior players (23 and over) and have no effect on youngsters?

Its a balancing act tbh between people who are using it for that and others who want to be able to use it as a 'warning' to players to buck up their ideas - how about for next iteration I make it 'warn' senior players (23 and over) and have no effect on youngsters?

Sounds like a great idea.

At the minute I'm using it purely for youngsters, so it's nice to know it's having no negative effect.

Archived