Football Manager Handheld - Lite versions available

• SI Staff

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that there are now 'Lite' versions of Football Manager Handheld iPhone available for people to try.

These are basically 'demo' versions in a similar vein to those available upon other platforms, you can play for a set 'game time' period (two months and a bit in this case) before the demo ends, which should allow you to get a feel for the game and whether you like it.

Hope this helps,

Marc

NB. You CAN transfer your save game from the Lite version to the full version of the game if you purchase it. To do this purchase the full version of the game, then restart the Lite version and select 'Load Game' - instead of loading it select 'Export'.

The device will now do some magic (if you see both FMH and FMH Lite apps starting and restarting don't panic this is normal, its transferring data between the two).

Good stuff. I hope this encourages more people to pick up the game. It's a little gem!

IMHO it's a bargain. People have been 'spoilt' by cheap/free shovelware!

• SI Staff
Awsome Marc for the FMH Iphone newbies. ALso 2 months is abit short on FMHi imho TBH I think it should be 6 months like PC Version.

To be quite honest for most people 2 months if easily 30+ minutes play and as such more than long enough to decide if you like the game or not imho ...

• SI Staff
But (No offence marc) FMHI is very basic compared to FM so there's alot less to learn and see.

Thats quite all right - imho 'simple' doesn't always mean worse ... just different :D

The two games can't be compared - FM PC is a very in depth immersive sim which takes a fair bit of time and dedication to play, FMH is aimed at being as realistic but simpler to control and faster to play ....

• SI Staff
I love it but i have to ask, do tactis really make a huge impact in fmhi?

'course they bleeding do - wouldn't be any point having them in the game otherwise would there.

(more accurately FMHi uses an evolution of the CM3 match engine - its a fully fledged match simulation but at a slightly higher granulation than that used on FM PC - that is instead of simulating down to 1/8th of an inch (like that version does) it simulates down to a slightly higher measurement - so only approximate 'physics' for ball bounces basically etc. .... but all player movement etc. is operating in exactly the manner you'd expect from an SI match engine)

Archived