Cant buy german players :mad:

since the 10.3 patch it is almost impossible for me to sign decent player from germany, for example i can't sign david alaba, toni kroos, mesut ozil or jerome boateng, where as before the patch i could.

before the patch i signed david alaba for most of my teams, for my villa team and for my shakter donetsk team (in the first season with no reputation boost) but since the patch i couldn't sign him in my second villa game or in my everton game, i cant buy any of them in my everton game even though i won the PL and got to the CL final in my second season and my manger reputation is world class and my everton team is clearly better than hannover or werder bremen

the thing is though german clubs are basically feeder clubs for english clubs, alot of mid table teams (like everton) would buy players from germany IRL, and especially the bigger clubs would have pickings from the top talent, i can get over alaba as he plays for bayern munich but the other players make no sense, and even now IRL boateng has signed for manchester city

**anyway has anyone else found that since the 10.3 patch its harder to buy players, not due to transfer prices but because they have no intention of joining your club??

Not so much with German players in general, but i had a problem with Manuel Neuer a few times i tried to buy him. Said he wasn't interested in a move to Inter Milan :confused:

I can only assume he's quite loyal!

I wouldn't quite agree with your comments on German clubs being feeder clubs for English teams cause just how many Germans play in the premiership all I can think of is Huth, Boateng and Hitzlesperger at the current time and two of those only just signed for English clubs. Also not many Germans do play outside of Germany just look at there national team pretty much every player is based at a German club. And there league isn't that bad it's one of the most watched in europe in terms of attendance only second to the premiership i belive i read somewhere it's also the mosty profitable league in europe as well i read in the same article.

Yeah most good German players stay in Germany. The only world class German players I can remember leaving to play elsewhere were Lehmann and Ballack. A lot of foreign players use Germany as a launching pad of sorts. Think Diego, VDV, Dzeko (in the near future), Berbatov etc.

I wouldn't quite agree with your comments on German clubs being feeder clubs for English teams cause just how many Germans play in the premiership all I can think of is Huth, Boateng and Hitzlesperger at the current time and two of those only just signed for English clubs. Also not many Germans do play outside of Germany just look at there national team pretty much every player is based at a German club. And there league isn't that bad it's one of the most watched in europe in terms of attendance only second to the premiership i belive i read somewhere it's also the mosty profitable league in europe as well i read in the same article.

Actually it's better watched than the Premiership, by a fairly good distance (7000 odd difference season before last).

@ the OP the German League is traditionally very strong, with good revenue streams (e.g. German clubs usually get the largest share of the CL TV money), clubs who are slow, usually, to sell and have a reputation for developing and then holding onto good talent.

My guess is that your problems came from the game not really reflecting this in earlier patches, thus leading you to get German players too cheaply.

since the 10.3 patch it is almost impossible for me to sign decent player from germany, for example i can't sign david alaba, toni kroos, mesut ozil or jerome boateng, where as before the patch i could.

Why on earth would Kroos change from Bayern München, Özil from Bremen or Boateng from HSV to Everton? Yes, Boateng did transfer to Man City, but I bet that they offered him a *bit* more than Everton would ever be able to in terms of money, and in addition it's also an interesting project.

german teams are basically feeders for english teams?

wow... ignorance defined to a T.

germany has a better league then the prem imo... much more stable and healthy for one... and the players they attract are world class in some cases..

robben, ribery, dzeko, VdV, Frings, Klose, schweinsteiger, podolski, lahm..

and dont get me started on the young players coming through...

get your fact right ..cheers

welshace has summed it up really. It must be bliss!

But to put it another way, why would any player leave champions league finalists Bayern to go to Villa for Europa League or Everton for... well nothing!

They wouldn't. Hence Kroos and Alaba not wanting that move. Ozil could clearly play for one of Europes biggest clubs, hence him not being interested and you clearly didn't have enough cash for Jermoe Boateng.

But to put it another way, why would any player leave champions league finalists Bayern to go to Villa for Europa League or Everton for... well nothing!

They wouldn't. Hence Kroos and Alaba not wanting that move. Ozil could clearly play for one of Europes biggest clubs, hence him not being interested and you clearly didn't have enough cash for Jermoe Boateng.

*presses the like button*

if there are no good german players in germany, how is it possible that germany can beat england 4-1? german players are younger, more technically skilful, more organised than the english. English young talent rooney? hardly made an mesmorizing impact on the game. I think it is the manchester united influence here. no offence.

you're all taking the feeder club idea too seriously what i was saying is that top english clubs can usually buy most german players, i like the german league as it is very competitive with a new winner nearly every year, i wasn't talking about the german players not wanting to leave germany *but since the new patch it seems harder to buy players especially those from germany*

(and btw my everton team is on of the top teams in europe, though i understand kroos not wanting to sign as i inquired about him at the start of the game)

IRL i would agree with you, but in MY FM game MY everton team is better than bayern (they beat bayern in the CL and got to the final)

and im not talking about bidding i'm talking about not being interested in, and mainly the changes since the 10.3 patch. before i could sign them afterwards i couldn't

read what i said again, forget about the feeder club comment and then get back to me

its about the patch not the players or teams

btw i used 'feeder club' for lack of better words and very hestantly

if there are no good german players, gerrard, lampard and rooney are absolute rubbish...

And even if there are. Those 3 are still rubbish!

And im english, well rooney is good, but the other 2...

IRL i would agree with you, but in MY FM game MY everton team is better than bayern (they beat bayern in the CL and got to the final)

and im not talking about bidding i'm talking about not being interested in, and mainly the changes since the 10.3 patch. before i could sign them afterwards i couldn't

read what i said again, forget about the feeder club comment and then get back to me

Don't care how good you are, Everton is still Everton and still in Merseyside. Villa is still Villa and most definitely still in Birmingham. They are compared to Bayern Munich tiny little specks. Sorry but I've found no issue with getting the players I want to come to teams that are big enough to get them, your clubs just aren't big enough.

Maybe they really like the manager, team and players and have high loyalty ratings?

everton are better because you beat them?

[sarcasm] that must make my leeds utd team in league one better then tottenham who i beat in the fa cup once... awesome.. [/sarcasm]

if evertons rep is bigger then bayerns in your game.. then fair enough.. but one game means nothing..

the patch made things more realistic .. end of really

It is not as simple that you beating them would make that their players want to join you.

It is because your reputation is lower than their's. Beating them once will not make you a bigger club. It will only close the gap but as the gap is quite big to begin with they are still regarded as a bigger club.

Reputation is the main factor that determines whether a club wants to join you but not the only one either. League rep, league standard, player loyalty/ambition are others for example. Another reason why he joined you on the previous patch is that his loyalty may have been lower then and they increased it for this patch. That may not be true (likely it isn't) but it is not as simple you getting to the final of the champions league means their players are interested in joining you.

OK again you still aren't fully understand what i'm talking about, i understand the bayern munich players not joining my team (i did enquire about them in my first season), but my proble is that SINCE patch 10.3 its been harder to sign players (in general not just spain) that before the patch i could sign (alaba)

the only person who has actually understood what my thread was about was swisso, and jod123 also made sense and finally actually explained it without arrogance

OK again you still aren't fully understand what i'm talking about, i understand the bayern munich players not joining my team (i did enquire about them in my first season), but my proble is that SINCE patch 10.3 its been harder to sign players (in general not just spain) that before the patch i could sign (alaba)

the only person who has actually understood what my thread was about was swisso, and jod123 also made sense and finally actually explained it without arrogance

Well then maybe it was way too easy to sign players then in patch 10.2 and 10.3. There is a lot of give and take with signing players, and to sign a top (or top potential) player from a club he has close ties with is very hard, just as it is in real life. An example would be Hargreaves from Bayern to Man Utd, which took 2 years a major injury (which is recurring btw) and over £20m (eventually) to happen, and this for a very ordinary player (albeit with a big reputation).

I Think most of us understood exactly what you were saying, and in my opinion your original report was by far the most arrogant (German clubs as English feeders FFS, and I know you tried to disavow that one).

Germany thrashed England,yes, thats true, but that doesnt go to say the Bundesliga is better than the prem, far from it, everyone that discusses this topic considers it to be between La Liga and the Prem. Having said that, i can fully understand why these german players choose to stay at their clubs, however if you were a giant english club e.g. chelsea man u, i think they would go as they are more attractive than bayern werder etc

As pointed out by Brian Shanahan, it was too easy to make signings on 10.2, now its better although not to your liking.

An arrogant ranting OP is likely to draw much the same in the way of answers.

Archived