Problem Keeping Players in Brazil

Is there anyway to keep my best players? As soon as i win the league and Liga one season the following season i seem to have an exodus of everyone. "Wants to move to a bigger club" I offered larger contracts but that seems to last only 1 season and i can't give all my superstars more than 25k each. Have a 300k a week budget and 6 mil transfer a season and these brazilians are killing me. I can't even expand my stadium due to space in town and I don't think they'll built a new one due to the loan that last until 2048. I won both the league and liga 2009-2011 but now in 2012 I've had to let go of my best DC and DR and I'm having a really hard time winning now. I'm ranked 14 now and now they all want to leave. Any suggestion would be greatly appriciated.:D

Brazil's top divison is rated at 15, the premiership and la liga are at 20 and 19 respectively and unfortunately your leagues reputation limits that of your club so there will always be bigger clubs regardless of what u do

it sucks but then again its a complex thing to change,

In Brazil most stars get sold to European clubs so it is realistic. I suggest you do heavy scouting and you will find great youngsters that turn into future stars. Buy them and sell them if they want to leave or if they are unhappy, if not keep them.

That's one anwser i did not want to read. Why would it be that low? I always hear of the "next great" coming from Brazil wouldnt that mean they would have one of the most competitive league if now most competitive youth programs?
In Brazil most stars get sold to European clubs so it is realistic. I suggest you do heavy scouting and you will find great youngsters that turn into future stars. Buy them and sell them if they want to leave or if they are unhappy, if not keep them.

This is a very good answer to your problem. Bare in mind the very best players that play in Brazil are always sold to Europe. Can't really think of any national team player who has done brilliantly for his country not playing at an European club.

you can do it

I used to manage in Brazil on the last FM and i kept some 170+ ca players there.

When they start getting unsettled and thinking about leaving, transfer list them and keep their squad status as indispensable. Then after a while their status will become 'Doesn't want to leave the club', then take them off the transfer list and offer a new contract and they'll be happy again.

I've been doing this in Russia on my current save, I think their league rep is also 15 and I have managed to get a player with ca of 195 to sign a 5 year contract.

It works most of the time in my experience but not all of the time, some players you will have to sell but thats part of playing in Brazil, its how you make big profits, selling players you got for a couple of mil to a European club for big money and then replace them with promising youngsters who you will sell a few years later for 5-10 times what you paid for them. Do this and you'll have big transfer, wage budgets and a new stadium in no time.

Is there a way to find unsettled players in the search option? Or are they just transfer listed?

Yeah, tick "Ask assistant to filter out unrealistic targets" in the search screen. If you have the money these are the players that will join you. If they are not on that screen they are usually not interested in your club.

• Administrators

Look at Brazil's national team, the majority play in Europe, it's just the way it is I'm afraid. Maybe you could get a sulky or crazy player back nearer the end of their playing careers ;)

Look at Brazil's national team, the majority play in Europe, it's just the way it is I'm afraid. Maybe you could get a sulky or crazy player back nearer the end of their playing careers ;)

Thx but i was hoping to keep my players their whole career.

Honestly, playing in Brazil it will probably be very difficult to keep players for very long without using FMRTE or the editor.

However, there is one solution I've been using in my Athletic Save: when other clubs begin to show interest in your players, offer them a new contract. You may overpay for some, you may have to offer new contracts every season, and you likely won't be able to keep all of your players, but it is usually at least a temporary solution.

If you can't keep your players, Brazil produces enough quality players that you should be able to find competent replacements fairly easily, even from lower Brazilian leagues.

Thx but i was hoping to keep my players their whole career.

Who doesn't want to keep their favourite players throughout their career, but reality is that the most talented Brazilians will always head over to play in Europe.

There's nothing you can go to avoid that other than getting some help from FMRTE or using the Editor.

Don't Brazilian players always have minimum release fees? Never having played in Brazil I don't know whether you can set them or they are automatically set, but this could scare off at least a few bids until your board intervenes...

Don't Brazilian players always have minimum release fees? Never having played in Brazil I don't know whether you can set them or they are automatically set, but this could scare off at least a few bids until your board intervenes...

It doesn't scare any of the big teams in Europe anyone i used in my rotation are wanted by big teams. I sometimes put them 4-5 times their worth and they would still accept the bid:mad:. "24 mil for a guy worth 6 mil" but i guess that what comes with the territory.

yes theres loads of talent in brazil and they are known as the most successful on the world stage. but theres not a lot of money there. i have read many times that some of their top players grew up and couldnt even afford footie boots. still a lot of people living in rundown slums. with so many people low on money that hits attendances and maybe tv money. i was reading on wiki that sao paolo play in an 80,000 seater stadium but the average attendance is around 24,000.

the clubs struggle to keep going. the only way they do is by selling on young players when they become good. a lot of clubs in brazil have either young players or the 1s at the end of their career. im sure somebody will pipe up with robinho but hes the exception rather than the rule.

It doesn't scare any of the big teams in Europe anyone i used in my rotation are wanted by big teams. I sometimes put them 4-5 times their worth and they would still accept the bid:mad:. "24 mil for a guy worth 6 mil" but i guess that what comes with the territory.

Surely you could buy a decent replacement for a 6 mil player if you get 24 mil for him? Even if you have to offer him silly money it should still turn out cheaper. Or is there a foreign player restriction in Brazil?

Try simply ignoring it. They will forget about wanting to move after a while. Admittedly, you'll have to suffer a slight reduction in performances after each transfer window, but you can keep the players.

Surely you could buy a decent replacement for a 6 mil player if you get 24 mil for him? Even if you have to offer him silly money it should still turn out cheaper. Or is there a foreign player restriction in Brazil?

The limit is 3 per game but you can have as many as u want in ur team. But when u put ur roster the max is three.

This will come as a shocker to many English folks on these forums, but Brazil's league reputation being set at 15 by SI is a little low. According to the latest league rankings by the IFFHS Brazil's Serie A is 4th best in the world:

http://www.iffhs.de/?b6e28fa3002f71504e52d17f7370eff3702bb1c2bb11

Most updates made by the community(particularly those made by non-Englishmen) raise the Brazilian reputation. I suggest using the editor and doing that yourself before starting a new game. A more realistic number would be 17, no lower than 16.

As for this whole, "all the good players leave in real life" that is also incorrect. People regularly reference the Brazilian players playing in Europe as "proof" of this, however what they don't realize are the vast number of top quality players still playing in Brazil that they have probably never heard of since the English media pay the Brazilian league no attention...probably resulting in the perceptions many on this forum have.

The choice of players for the Braziilan national team at this World Cup was a personal choice of Dunga's, and was highly criticized by the Brazilian media and pubilc long before June 11th. There were a number of players playing in Brazil which should have had a place on the Brazilian WC squad yet were left out. This only added to the hatred for Dunga...now you can only imagine how his reputation in Brazil is. Most critics have been proven correct.

In any case, with Brazil's league reputation at 15 it will be hard to retain any players without some trickery. In reality the best players don't leave Brazil as easily or quickly as they used to in the 90s and before. The only way to correct this is by changing Brazil's reputation... just ask yourself if a player of Robinho's caliber would go play in a league where there is a mass exodous of top talent.

The following is a short and quick example of players playing in Brazil with enough talent to play on Brazil's national squad if another coach ( Scolari, anyone?) had been in charge:

Gremio's GK: Victor

Atletico Mineiro's (recently purchased from Palmeiras) AMC: Diego Souza

Atletico Mineiro's Striker: Diego Tardelli (acutally put on the WC reserve list by Dunga along with Ronaldinho Gaucho)

Sao Paulo's DMC: Hernanes

Flamengo's ( Formerly Arsenal) Left Back: Juan

Santo's striker: Neymar

Santo's AM: Paulo Henrique Ganso

Those are just a few examples...

And for the user, "Dontask" who claimed a few posts above that Brazil doesn't have money...I suggest you do more research before making such claims. Better yet, I will point you in the right direction..you can choose to take it from there or buy into the stereotypes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Brazil

I play almost exclusively in Brazil and can quite often hold onto good players.

1. Make sure you re-negotiate the contracts frequently, this will keep players happy for a long time.

2. Look around Europe for unhappy Brazillians, clubs in Eastern Europe are full of Brazillian players.

3. make sure you have a big enough squad to rotate the players, with 80+ games a year this is essential for player happiness.

4. Strengthen your squad with loan players, there are some top quality brazilians who are willing to come on loan.

5. Raid the Argentinian (and whatever other south american leagues you have loaded) league for players.

6. There are many top quality newgens eahc season, scout for them to keep strengthening the squad.

Sometimes you just have to let them go.

I was succesful in bringing Neymar to Vasco yesterday, probably my best signing ever.

• 3 months later...
As for this whole, "all the good players leave in real life" that is also incorrect. People regularly reference the Brazilian players playing in Europe as "proof" of this, however what they don't realize are the vast number of top quality players still playing in Brazil that they have probably never heard of since the English media pay the Brazilian league no attention...probably resulting in the perceptions many on this forum have.

Many of these players who are doing well in Europe were also pretty poor or average-ish in Brazil.

The choice of players for the Braziilan national team at this World Cup was a personal choice of Dunga's, and was highly criticized by the Brazilian media and pubilc long before June 11th. There were a number of players playing in Brazil which should have had a place on the Brazilian WC squad yet were left out. This only added to the hatred for Dunga...now you can only imagine how his reputation in Brazil is. Most critics have been proven correct.

Yes, but even in the worst periods (like 10 years ago or so) there were many Brazil-based players who could have made into the WC squad. In fact, Brazil won the 2002 WC having 13 (out of 23) Brazil-based players in the squad, including several first teamers.

On the other hand, Brazil had 20 (out of 23) players from Europe in 2006 and 2010 and couldn't go past the quarter-finals. So fielding the best Euro-based players doesn't ensure success.

In any case, with Brazil's league reputation at 15 it will be hard to retain any players without some trickery. In reality the best players don't leave Brazil as easily or quickly as they used to in the 90s and before. The only way to correct this is by changing Brazil's reputation... just ask yourself if a player of Robinho's caliber would go play in a league where there is a mass exodous of top talent.

I think the whole reputation system is an over-simplification, normally players go after the money and since our clubs are getting richer, they don't feel the need to play abroad as much as they did in the past, hence the fact the exodus of players is slowing down and several players have been refusing moves to Europe. That's also why many small teams in Brazil have foreigners nowadays while 10 years ago it was hard to find foreigners even in our top division.

This will come as a shocker to many English folks on these forums, but Brazil's league reputation being set at 15 by SI is a little low. According to the latest league rankings by the IFFHS Brazil's Serie A is 4th best in the world:

Most updates made by the community(particularly those made by non-Englishmen) raise the Brazilian reputation. I suggest using the editor and doing that yourself before starting a new game. A more realistic number would be 17, no lower than 16.

The following is a short and quick example of players playing in Brazil with enough talent to play on Brazil's national squad if another coach ( Scolari, anyone?) had been in charge:

Atletico Mineiro's Striker: Diego Tardelli (acutally put on the WC reserve list by Dunga along with Ronaldinho Gaucho)

And for the user, "Dontask" who claimed a few posts above that Brazil doesn't have money...I suggest you do more research before making such claims. Better yet, I will point you in the right direction..you can choose to take it from there or buy into the stereotypes.

4th in the world?!?

Hernanes (of Sao Paulo - or so you put) has transferred to Lazio (in the summer i believe)

still a very interesting post, despite some minor errors (Hernanes)

The league ranking seems like a bit of a nonsense really. Singapore at 67 ahead of Australia at 84? Really?

An A-League team will whoop an S-League team any time. So that ranking seems a bit dubious.

4th in the world?!?

Hernanes (of Sao Paulo - or so you put) has transferred to Lazio (in the summer i believe)

still a very interesting post, despite some minor errors (Hernanes)

Hernanes was still at São Paulo when Galo made that post.

I would of thought the order of the best footballing divisions would have been more like this:

English Premier League

Spanish LIGA BBVA

Italian Serie A

German Bundesliga

No?

You should probably swap Spain and England, and Germany and Italy.

But it's very hard to compare leagues to each other, especially if their teams don't play against each other often.

My opinion:

1) Spain

2) England

3) Germany

4) Italy

5) Brazil/France (no specific order here)

7) Argentina/Mexico/Portugal/Russia (no specific order here)

11) Greece/Holland/Ukraine/USA (MLS)

Is there anyway to keep my best players? As soon as i win the league and Liga one season the following season i seem to have an exodus of everyone. "Wants to move to a bigger club" I offered larger contracts but that seems to last only 1 season and i can't give all my superstars more than 25k each. Have a 300k a week budget and 6 mil transfer a season and these brazilians are killing me. I can't even expand my stadium due to space in town and I don't think they'll built a new one due to the loan that last until 2048. I won both the league and liga 2009-2011 but now in 2012 I've had to let go of my best DC and DR and I'm having a really hard time winning now. I'm ranked 14 now and now they all want to leave. Any suggestion would be greatly appriciated.:D

Even though I'm brazilian, I havent played the league since I last did testing for SI. I think what you said is great, as this is a reflection of real life.

This is good news!

Brazilian football is a bit more...complicated.

As a previous poster stated, the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A is one of the best leagues in the world. No nation on earth comes close to producing as many good players as Brazil. No matter how many players are bought by European (and other) clubs, there is no shortage of talent...and not just young wonderkids.

The financial situation is more complicated. The money in Brazilian football isn't in the hands of the clubs. Its agents, sponsors and supporters. It has become common in Brazil (and elsewhere in South America) for agents or other third parties to own most or all of a players rights. These these third parties not only get a big piece (even all) of transfer fees, but they can even dictate where a player plays. Keirrison and Traffic are a famous recent example.

The Robinho Santos situation is another "complicated" situation. Star players' wages are sometimes paid not by the club, but by sponsors.

Argentina is another top league with similar challenges. Argentina's two seasons per year adds to the inherent instability.

IRL these are major contributors to the incredible turnover, not just of player, but of managers. The attrition rate for managers in Brazil is staggering!

IRL these are major contributors to the incredible turnover, not just of player, but of managers. The attrition rate for managers in Brazil is staggering!

The main reason why so many managers get fired here is because there are lots of big teams (twelve) in a 20-club top division, so it's impossible for all of them to succeed at the same time, and since it's easier to fire the manager than change the whole squad, this is what the club boards do.

In other countries if a big club have a bad season (like Juventus or Liverpool) they just miss the ECL, while in Brazil a bad season for a big club can easily lead them to be relegated, so the pressure is much bigger than in other countries.

Although I do agree with parts of your post, using any IFFHS data is hardly the base for a convincing argument, this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Federation_of_Football_History_&_Statistics#Current_ranking proves how poor they are at forming a credible list.

Anderlecht the 7th best team in the world and Real Madrid 19th?

Archived