Most success on the English league level 10 mod?

Hi, I am in my second season using Superblade's level 10 (or you can use level 11) mod file. I promoted and was dreaming about reaching the Premiership one day.

I was wondering how much success people have had with the English level 10 mod? Have any of you won the Premiership or Champions League in the future with a level 10 side?

well i tried with brixworth all saints and i am failing, epically. I just can't seem to do it. I don't know what it is. I can get the results but i honestly believe it can't be done without cheating

I would have given it a go, and indeed for a time actually played with an 11th tier side, but then I realised that although the comps etc and the teams worked fine, that there seemed to be something not quite right somewhere iro clubs moving up hundreds of places at a time in the rankings, ticket prices being off the mark (higher) than the 'in game clubs' when they were in the same division etc etc, so I just abandoned it and decided on tier 7 instead where you know that everything is 100 % ok and as it should be.

Still, nice idea though, and maybe one which SI could officially incorporate into a future version.

I would have given it a go, and indeed for a time actually played with an 11th tier side, but then I realised that although the comps etc and the teams worked fine, that there seemed to be something not quite right somewhere iro clubs moving up hundreds of places at a time in the rankings, ticket prices being off the mark (higher) than the 'in game clubs' when they were in the same division etc etc, so I just abandoned it and decided on tier 7 instead where you know that everything is 100 % ok and as it should be.

Still, nice idea though, and maybe one which SI could officially incorporate into a future version.

amazing tho the database sounds and it must have taken an incredible amount of work, this is the reason i havent tried it. I just dont think the game is capable of simulating leagues so far out of what it was intended to do, at least realistically enough that it wouldnt bother me.

amazing tho the database sounds and it must have taken an incredible amount of work, this is the reason i havent tried it. I just dont think the game is capable of simulating leagues so far out of what it was intended to do, at least realistically enough that it wouldnt bother me.

Better the devil you know than the devil you dont :thup:

I played from level 8 using uncle ron's update. Already here there were issues with the game seemingly not able to handle the quality of the footballers. There was an awful lot of defensive mistakes and such, and odd decisions in general were too frequent. Based on that experience I'd say it wouldn't work very well to go even further down the pyramid. The 1-20 scale probably isn't enough to capture the width, and with so many players on low values across the board the game isn't able to cope with it.

But who knows, maybe this will be better handled in FM11.

I tried Horsham, got them to league 1 and then got relagated again, they seemed to have reached their peak.

I still run the file with my games now though and manage a team at this level occasionally :)

Archived