Keep getting men sent off....

I have a lot of my settings on either normal or easy tackling, and they mirror settings I've had in previous FM games in which I usually have the best yellow/red card record of any team. However, on this FM, I seem to constantly be getting men sent off. It's frustrating and I can't for the life of me work out what the problem is. It varies between straight reds or two yellows (there's no single culprit), and I just wish there was a way of telling your players to calm down. At one point I had a man sent of three games in a row, with two being sent off in the third. Anyone else have a similar issue or know how to solve this?

never had that issue, spose one way would just be to harshly punish your players, i usually give 2 week fines and if they get angry about it drop them for a few games, never turned into a problem for me

Are they getting sent off for two bookings or professional foul/last defender stuff? If it's the latter it might be caused by dodgy defenders/tactics. Think about it, if you've get a slow defender with bad positioning he'll be caught chasing the forwards time after time and be putting himself in these positions.

I have a lot of my settings on either normal or easy tackling, and they mirror settings I've had in previous FM games in which I usually have the best yellow/red card record of any team. However, on this FM, I seem to constantly be getting men sent off. It's frustrating and I can't for the life of me work out what the problem is. It varies between straight reds or two yellows (there's no single culprit), and I just wish there was a way of telling your players to calm down. At one point I had a man sent of three games in a row, with two being sent off in the third. Anyone else have a similar issue or know how to solve this?

Do you let your Ass Man set opposition player instructions?

If so, he'll set tackling to extra, extra, extra dirty for individual players and this will over ride your sensible settings.

Do you let your Ass Man set opposition player instructions?

If so, he'll set tackling to extra, extra, extra dirty for individual players and this will over ride your sensible settings.

This.

Along with the other advice above you need to ask where and why the cards are happening?

Are players being dragged out of position by an overly attacking tactic or one with too much pressing thus leaving gaps and defenders in desperate situations?

Are you playing a very high d-line and defenders are making professional fouls?

Thanks for all the replies, a lot of things for me to try there. I think the ass man thing could well be the problem as I have been using that a lot in this game because I have a pretty reliable ass man. I realise player aggression should be taken into account but it's never the same man. I had an issue in my first season with lots professional fouls caused by zonal marking letting me down with weak defenders. I put man marking on my back 4, which helped considerably, but started using ass man advice on opposition instructions to make sure the dangermen were always being controlled.

However, if he's telling people to go in hard that could be causing the problem. I tend to be pretty harsh with my punishing, warning for first time send off by 2 yellows, 2 weeks wages if sent off again, or 1 weeks wages for a straight red reckless challenge, 2 weeks wages if it happens again. So I don't reckon that's the problem. It makes sense for it to be something I'm doing different because, as I said, in previous FMs my bookings record has always been one of the lowest.

So cheers guys, I'll report back if it makes a difference!

I've noticed especially with Defensive Midfielders that having different roles can affect this a great deal. I have Sandro on my Leeds saved game and his attributes match up best as a Ball Winning Midfielder but he was constantly getting yellows, picking up suspensions, and getting sent off. So I just changed him to a Central Midfielder and he's been a lot better with his discipline. I'm not sure how to prevent other outfield players from getting sent off besides changing the teams Tackling Tactics but I know you can help protect you're Defensive Midfielders by changing their roles.

I play my 2 central midfielders on hard tackling every match and one of them is Ruben De La Red card. As soon as I see a yellow card I lower the tackling one notch, I do this for all positions except my defence.

I never use Opposite instructions to hard tackle unless the player being targetted has less than 8 bravery, is below 80% condition or he is dominating the game.

Be cautious of also asking players to tackle who do not have good tackling skills.

If the player is fairly aggressive, that will show up in the number of yellow and red cards they get over a season, do take advantage of the warning/fining system in this case. It can turn a red card monster into a midfield general.

Archived