17yr olds disappearing from the game ??

At start of 1st season in Northern Premier Premier Division in England, I purchased a 15yr old from a divisional rival, so that I could obtain the records for youngest appearance and scorer (which I did)

At age 17, I just released him on a free.

At end of 3rd season, I had a look at the records section in the Northern Premier Premier Division to see if any of my records had been broken (I owned virtually every one) and none of them have, however, that 17 yr old who I released has simply disappeared from the game entirely, ( I noticed it because his 2 records are no longer held under his nickname, and when I tried to click on his name to re-input the nick I couldn't, as he had presumably just been eliminated from the DB)

WTF ? Why eliminate a player at age 17 ? What need is there to do this ?

:eek::eek:

if a layer is released and doesnt get a new contract, they will retire, especially if they are young, to persue other career oppertunities.

if you were an out of work 19 y/o footballer, who could only earn £55 a week if they had a job, wuldnt you think of reassesing your life?

Yes, their nicknames disappear. Besides, you were the only one calling them that. Their name didn't change.

Why on Earth would you want to re-input the nickname?

Because the 'records' look 'nicer' with the nicks that I used rather than the players' orignal names :D

It makes sense for a player to retire if he goes unsigned, but there's a few things I'd like to see:

1. You should be able to tell if a player is considering retirement at such a young age.

2. Players that are still attracting interest from teams should stick around.

3. Current members of a national team (or their youth teams) shouldn't retire while they're still being called up.

Oh no call the police! These 17 year olds are disappearing! ;):D

But seriously, after a little more than a year out of football, they all retire, whether they're 18 or 40. It's to keep the DB size and game speed reasonable because having alot of players will slow the game down considerably.

The game has to get rid of these unwanted players cos of the DB, as rancer890 said. If these players continued,the amount of players that would be in the DB would be big as lots of new regens come in every year.

I think there is a young asian player who rejects all contracts and then retires.

Does this happen to you too?Do you know his name?

I cant remember if he is from fm10 or 09:confused:

That information narrows it down quite a bit :p

Archived