Your most memorable comeback down 2 or more

What's your most memorable comeback down by 2 or more ?

I deliberately stayed down in the BSN last year (on the final day of season and after 6 deliberate losses, the 2nd placed team just managed to overtake me for the single auto promotion slot) as I had missed the record for most games in division without loss (18) (after losing to the bottom club whilst tying the record).

This year, things were going well without a hiccup, got to the 18th game, an away (in a gale) to one of the top sides in the div who hadn't lost for 8 games, after 38 mins I was 2 down (their only shots so far).

No matter what CM/FM, I have very rarely recovered from a 2 goal deficit.

However after 44 mins I had clawed both goals back :D

Come 73rd min, they are given an offside goal :thdn: (their guy was at least 3 yards in my half when the ball was played) and true to form, it was their only other SOT, (so 3 sots 3 goals)

I thought I'd been screwed and I would have to stay down yet again for the record :mad: So I went to overload touchline shout.

Come 82 min, I had equalised, then quickly scored 2 more for a 3-5 win.

Currently 22 (and still going) unbeaten now, so the record is mine (as well as every other record in the div which doesn't rely entirely on luck, eg quickest goal, clean sheets in a row) meaning I won't need to stay down again :D, so that's my most memorable (and thankful) comeback from 2 or more.

What's yours ??

BTW, just played an away game against 4th placed side, 2 of my 3 cb's as red dots, as all other defs injured. 3-0 down after 19 mins. Clawed back to 3-2. 70 mins I have a guy come off due to injury, amazingly equalise in the 79th min, then WIN the game 3-4 with a goal in the last minute.

1st time I have ever come back from 3 down to win a game in my 6 years of playing CM/FM

I can't remember which version of FM it was with but taking Posh up in a play-off semi.

I'll give the highlights:

they scored REALLY quickly.

I went down to 10 men.

they scored again.

half time rally cry and 2 late goals for me took it to pens which I won.

On a side note: I think its crucial what you say to the players. I always start poo then improve in the second half.

CM00/01 - Euro 2008 Final, England v Italy

At halftime, was 4-0 to Italy so went for broke, 4 up front, bought on Daniel Nardiello, Paul Scholes and Joe Cole.

By 56 mins it was 4-4, Nardiello brace and goals for Scholes and Cole.

Italy then made it 5-4 before Scholes equalised.

Then with two minutes left David Beckham scored a freekick and we won 6-5 :)

Also came from 3-0 down at half-time on FM2007 with league one Forest away at Premier League Portsmouth in the Carling Cup Quarter Final, won 5-3!

FM07 .. 1st time i ever qualified for a euopean competion.

Aggregate score was 7:7

Away leg Lost 5-0 (HT 3-0)

Home Leg Won 7-2 (HT 0-2)

Only reason it's memorable for me is the 7 goals i pulled back in 1 half ..

still lost though :( silly away goals rule

FM10, Champions League group stage, away at Villareal

Half-time Villareal-Rosenborg 3-1

60th minute Villareal-Rosenborg 4-1

Full-time Villareal Rosenborg 4-4

Miracles of teamtalks ;)

FM10, Champions League group stage, away at Villareal

Half-time Villareal-Rosenborg 3-1

60th minute Villareal-Rosenborg 4-1

Full-time Villareal Rosenborg 4-4

Miracles of teamtalks ;)

Weird that they only took notice of your talk after they had conceded another goal :D

Did you change touchline shouts as well ?

On FM07 or 08 playing as Arsenal had a Champions League final with barcelona.

Was 3 - 0 down after 65 min.

Had a player sent off after 70 mins.

Went all out attack and a 2-4-3 formation and barcelona sat back.

Scored in 74,83,89 and 91 minutes to win 4-3

toto tamuz, Arturo Lupoli and Carlos Javier Acuña was my front 3 so when I remember what year they was good in I'll try and find the screenshot.

FiorentinavRomaOverview-8.png

It was an amazing, amazing game.

I started rather well with a very fast 3 goals, 3-0...

In 20 minutes, they scored SIX goals and went ahead by 3-6...

And I scored 3 more in the last 30 mins and equalled it to 6-6.

Probably both the quarter final and semi final of a Champions League I went on to win with Man United in FM08 I think it was.

Lost the quarter final first leg 2-0 away to Liverpool

Won the 2nd leg in 90 minutes 2-0 with Wayne Rooney scoring deep in stoppage time :D Went on to win the match 3-0 in extra time.

Semi-final, I was 4-0 down away to Inter Milan but Ronaldo scored a late penalty to give us hope having bagged an away goal.

Won the 2nd leg 3-0 to win on away goals :D

Weird that they only took notice of your talk after they had conceded another goal :D

Did you change touchline shouts as well ?

No...

the weird thing is I was talking on the phone while the second half unfolded, so I didn't have an actual input on the game until injury time when I shouted them to defend and to waste time.

But the comeback was complete already

I was 4-0 down to Barcelona in the CL Semi's first leg. The second leg was the home fixture and they scored another right off the bat. So we switched things around and went on a rampage. Barca only had 2 shots on goal the whole game and we ended up winning 6-5 on agg.

On FM09 i got Gateshead promoted in season 1 and my first game was Forest Green away i went 2-0 down inside 8mins pulled one back went 3-1 down inside 20mins then i just went for broke and threw caution to the wind and my players responded we ended up winning 3-5 and went on a very good run about 9 games undefeated i think it was

Bestgameever.png?t=1277692162

This game was insane, only happened yesterday. I needed to win to get into the playoffs in Serie B, and only a win would do (as it was the last game of the season). I was 7th and they were 6th going into the game. When Somer scored I felt like crying, was so happy. Didn't go up in the playoffs in the end, but nonetheless was still an incredible fightback.

with my villa save, 3-0 down at half time to city everything look very poor loooked like i was going doen for a terrible loss, but my team turned it around and i won 4-3

that was a epic season for comebacks for me as i did the same to man utd (3-2) and to a couple of other teams, unfortunalty the game crash dump as i was on the verge of winning the premier league and i cant bring my self to play the save in case it dumps again

got some pretty nice comebacks with my everton save, mainly against city, and my favourite against staebk (sorry if spelt wrong) in the ECL, 1-0 down and i won the game 2-1 in the last en minutes all thanks to oscar cordoza

We almost had it last night, we're 2 goal down before my rubbish DC headed one for us. A minute later, my overpaid MC had a big shot from outside the area, it beat the keeper, hit the inside post, and clearly crossed the line! But guess what...the comeback never happenned:)

We almost had it last night, we're 2 goal down before my rubbish DC headed one for us. A minute later, my overpaid MC had a big shot from outside the area, it beat the keeper, hit the inside post, and clearly crossed the line! But guess what...the comeback never happenned:)

that sounds awfully familiar :)

Not sure why I am posting this, as I know many of you will refuse to believe me but I know it's genuine, and so does my mate from the hotseat game we were playing!

I was Arsenal, and playing Barcelona in the Champions league Semi Final over two legs.

The First leg was at home and I wanted a draw or preferaly a nice one goal advantage to take to the nou camp. Well it didn't go quite that well I actually lost 7-0.

Few days later go to spain, and joke, If I get an early goal, you never know! inside the first minute I win a penalty and the barca keeper is red carded. The score was 3 or 4 nill when the sub keeper picked up an injury, and Carlos Puyol went between the sticks. I ran out 9-0 winners at the Nou Camp before losing to my mates Man Utd team in the final.

My best comeback by some distance! I believe (although it was a fair time ago) that Barca had another player sent off with 10-15 minutes to go btu I can't be too sure.

My best comeback was in the Champions League Semi Final. Playing as Man Utd against Inter. I lost 5-2 away but then won 4-1 at home to go through on away goals. Inter had scored first in the second leg and we scored all 4 goals in the 2nd half. Went on to beat Barcelona in the final.

Then played Inter in the final the following year and managed a win again but wasn't as exciting as the previous encounter. Only a 1-0 win.

Not sure why I am posting this, as I know many of you will refuse to believe me but I know it's genuine, and so does my mate from the hotseat game we were playing!

I was Arsenal, and playing Barcelona in the Champions league Semi Final over two legs.

The First leg was at home and I wanted a draw or preferaly a nice one goal advantage to take to the nou camp. Well it didn't go quite that well I actually lost 7-0.

Few days later go to spain, and joke, If I get an early goal, you never know! inside the first minute I win a penalty and the barca keeper is red carded. The score was 3 or 4 nill when the sub keeper picked up an injury, and Carlos Puyol went between the sticks. I ran out 9-0 winners at the Nou Camp before losing to my mates Man Utd team in the final.

My best comeback by some distance! I believe (although it was a fair time ago) that Barca had another player sent off with 10-15 minutes to go btu I can't be too sure.

Believable if both keepers have gone.

I know from my CM4 days I would regularly beat the top 4 while I was still in the English Conference, by 7 or 8 goals in the FA Cup, as they put out crap and didn't know I had a team of world beaters :D

This game comes from FM09, but I didn't have a screenshot from that version. Luckily, I had saved the match

bocavatlticororaima.png

A wonderful comeback from my Roraima. In the second leg, we beat Boca 6-3

20474_1324606281132_1410124193_30909396_199156_n.jpg

The last match of Group H in the Champions League

While not a wonderful comeback, we made Inter turn from qualyfing to Second Round to going home earlier... in 4 minutes

• 3 weeks later...

[video=youtube;vv4Zc3IrB8Q]

My favourite FM Game ever, though it was back in FM08 so i can't remember the scenario, but it was very important to me at the time.

PS, when the video zooms in, it's showing the goals in better definition, the game didn't finish 10-8! :p

Awesome comeback mate!, May i ask what skin is that your using?

Guessing your talking to me as you didn't quote, if so i'm afraid i couldnt tell you. It was on FM08 and i've deleted most of my stuff from then. It'll be either the Dynamic Skin or the Steklo Skin.

Unfortunately I can't post any screenshots or such like as the game was from a couple of seasons ago. But with my Derby County team, I was playing away at Blackpool and came back from 2-0 down to win 6-2.

Mine was a CL quarter over two legs.

Playing as Liverpool, I lost the first leg at Anfield 2-0 to united, so went to Old Trafford with an attacking mentality and outlook.

After 3 minutes united got a penalty and scored it, meaning they were cruising.

I thought I had nothing to lose, so went overload for the next 87 minutes and ended up winning 5-1, with a torres hattrick, gerrard and kuyt.

Against all odds, that was a 5-3 aggregate win :D

got 3, all superb for different reasons

first - arsenal v ac milan (fm08)

played milan in champions league final, and with 6 minutes left i was trailing 2-0 only for fabregas to score from distance, giving me a glimmer of hope, then adebayor equalised in 2nd minute of added time, i won on penalties, glorious result!

second - arsenal v chelsea (fm08 - 2 legged)

i lost the first leg of this champions league semi 3-0 at stamford bridge, i then conceded to salomon kalou after 2 minutes in home tie, requiring 5 goals to win the tie, adebayor scored twice, bendtner scored twice and sagna's header on the hour sealed a great win. cruised the last half hour in total control

third - cote d'ivoire v argentina (fm10)

had taken the cote d'ivoire into the semi finals of the world cup after knocking out brazil and italy in previous rounds, i went 1-0 down just after half time, and then with 20 minutes left i had zokora sent off for a second yellow, and mascherano bundled in the loose ball from the resulting free kick, so down to 10 men, with 20 minutes left, 2-0 down we rallied to pull 1 back with gervinho, and then drogba equalised into stoppage time to take me into extra time. unfortunately as my players tired argentina won it with 5 minutes of extra time left when di maria broke in unmarked at the near post to smash the corner into the roof of the net to deny les éléphants a first world cup final.

Archived