Player signed without my Knowledge

Playing as Man Utd and just finished 1st season (Took a while getting started on FM 2010 after a year spent with FM LIVE "SimpleSimonSaysFC" would still be playing it if reset hadn't wiped out my team). Pre-season has begun and transfer window now open and to my asstonishment I get a news message telling me

"Man Utd sign Smalling"

Is the board buying players for me now? And if so is there any way i can express my dissaproval as I also just had to attend a press conference and be asked questions about why "I" signed him.

Can't remember if I had this happen in previous FM games and i've bought several players in the previous season (although still had a large amount of budget remaining after failing to get a transfer through on previous transfer deadline day).

And of all the players i've been scouting why was a player that I had expressed no previous interest in bought (don't even think he was on my short list) and for £7m :eek:

Look forward to any views.

It's because Smalling has agreed to join Man Utd this summer in real life. It is a pre-agreed transfer. You could have cancelled it any time before the transfer happened by going into your 'transfer centre'.

Surely you would have seen that the transfer was agreed. Do you have the 'transfer centre' on your homepage?

Well that explains it then, never actually bothered to look. Yeah have the Transfer centre on my homepage, but been completely ignoring it "oops" Was the money already set aside for this transfer? or will it have come out of my current transfer budget...guess i should go check. Thanks anyway.

Archived