World Cup Disasters

Has anyone had utter World Cup Disasters ?

Ive just had one with Brazil, it 2026 and my club career is superb going really well. But back onto my world cup, I've just been knocked out by Scotland in the second round, the first goal was an own goal by the keeper and then they quickly grabbed a second goal, my team just faded away.. utter disgrace. I think this has to be the worst result i've ever had in the history of playing fm (which i been playing since 2000) One thing that really annoyed me, was the Brazilian public expected us to reach the final, the team does have 6 international stars, but the rest i admit are very poor and with Italy, Spain and England been very strong this was never gonna happen.

What yours ?

I find when you have certain leagues loaded those loaded countries will end up becoming stronger as the years go on. I started my long career in scotland and have found all the regens i bought have made scotland into a strong national side.

I find when you have certain leagues loaded those loaded countries will end up becoming stronger as the years go on. I started my long career in scotland and have found all the regens i bought have made scotland into a strong national side.

Yep, it seems so.

I've got

England

Scotland

Spain

Italy

Leagues open and they do seem the strongest, one thing that would be nice to see in the future, is fm have a feature like championship manager where the leagues still operate but you can't manage in them.

The 2026 World Cup on mine was a classic. I'll see if I have any screenies anywhere, but the final 8 were:

Switzerland

Guatemala

Sweden

South Africa

Algeria

Boliva

Hungary

UAE

It was truely incredible, the Swiss went on to beat South Africa in the final! The Solomon Islands made the group stages! France, Germany and Porugal didn't qualify.

EDIT: I don't appear to have any screenies, I will check my old laptop!

scotland are underestimated and the english over estimate themselves ;)

Its true Scotland are underestimated in the game, and in real life as well, in the game I saw them lose to Slovakia and in real life they lost to Macedonia and heavily to Wales, totally unrealistic!

In my current game in 2016 their under 21 team is awesome, they got to the semis of the European under 21s Championship (2015) before losing to my England team on penalties. Wierd thing is I dont have the Scottish League loaded, only the English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and German so cant be down to having more players in the database.

Update.

Pearce finally retired from my game, so applied for the england job and got it !!!! yeeepppee, then i went to check who Brazil had hired and it was PATO, who just retired from Playing, his manager stats look shocking for an international job.

Eddie 1 - 0 Brazil. :D

What is it about Scotland in World Cups in FM? They knocked my Spain side out in the semi-finals in 2022 in a nightmare of a match. No shame in going out in the semis, of course, but they just didn't seem to have a great team on paper. I suppose that's what you get for complacency.

What is it about Scotland in World Cups in FM? They knocked my Spain side out in the semi-finals in 2022 in a nightmare of a match. No shame in going out in the semis, of course, but they just didn't seem to have a great team on paper. I suppose that's what you get for complacency.

i think the home nations always seem to be a bit overrated, i mean look at how often england win the world cup, not so much on this version but previous versions on my games it seemed to happen every other world cup.

yep if that debacle had happened to me in fm i would have accused the game of cheating :thdn:

in a way im a little relieved, as i said in another thread i never thought we had any real chance of winning it and quite frankly its been pretty embarrasing from start to finish.

gonna see if i can do better tonite (shouldnt be hard given fm doesnt have ppm that reads "chokes in major tournaments")

Had a disaster in 2022 with Nigeria. Was supposed to beat Uruguay according to the betting firm and the pundit. The eventual finalists!! turned us over 4-0. I then only drew 0-0 with Bosnia when we should have won. Victory against Germany would have put us through but we lost a close game 2-1. Sacked!! :)

Archived