Having to play games when players away on international duty - WTF

thats why its good to have capable but unspectacular backups. ordinary guys who wont be selected for their national teams, but are decent enough to fill in for a week, and whose salaries are quite small

you get a team full of superstars, expect them all to want to play for their national teams

thats why its good to have capable but unspectacular backups. ordinary guys who wont be selected for their national teams, but are decent enough to fill in for a week, and whose salaries are quite small

you get a team full of superstars, expect them all to want to play for their national teams

pretty ridiculous comment considering the amount of players he has on international duty.. it also happened to me in the semi final of the italian cup when i was playing with roma iirc, i lost 5-0 to inter due to having to play youngsters, really annoying and unrealistic.. hope it doesnt happen in FM11

Interesting,

It almost happen to me in my 2nd season with Manchester United, where players got called up for international duty for Sundays' Euro Qualifying Games and I had a Premier League match against Liverpool the very next day on Monday.

They ended up rescheduling the Liverpool Match for me. Wonder if that only happens on certain occasions, but that does indeed stink.

It's very rare in FM10 but has been happening for the last few versions (first time I experienced it was in FM08, don't think I've had it yet in 10, but have heard several complaints). Incredibly irritating, but not much you can do. Occasionally it can help you - I had it happen in an 09 game with Sheff Wed where I only lost about 5 players and my opponent lost most of their squad - but in your case that isn't going to happen with Rangers. Hopefully SI will sort out the problem for FM11, but I'm not holding my breath since it's now something of a fixture in the game.

I have noticed that when it usually happens is at times when the schedule your team has got coming up is already so hectic they cannot reschedule. So it happens to most to teams that are still in every competition, Cup, League, League Cup, and Europe. And it is always the late March window when it happens. The worst one to draw is if you have African & Oceanic Players in January as you lose them for the AcoN & ONC, but no games get moved. All I can say here is as someone else has already said it is an idea to have a second or third string team playing for your reserves just for this occurrence. Worst I had was in the away leg of the Portuguese Cup Semi Final, I had 32 players called up for International Duty, the match had already been rescheduled twice due to other clashes (League Cup Final & Champs League Quarters) and was now I had no gaps left to fit it in before the final. I lost my top 22 players and 10 of my U19s, luckily for me at this stage I had three full squads of players able to play and my third XI stepped in and took a well fought 0-0 draw to get us through.

Yes it sucks and should happen less, but I would rather this than the rescheduling that caused a game every 2nd day for 2 weeks that used to happen.

Well, if it's international friendlies, then you can simply pull your players out of their respective national squads when the message about them comes up in your inbox. Like when you can give specific instructions on whether your want your players to play full match, or 45 minutes, or to simply remove them from the squad.

Archived