Does scouting knowledge get worse?

I have 55% knoweledge of the world. I want to increase this so I have 18 scouts (maximum) all scouting a region each. I don't bother with Uk & Ireland since this bar never goes down.

I can never seem to get above 56% and sometimes it dips to 54%.

How can I get this to increase? Other than gaining more feeder clubs.

And while on the subject of feeder clubs - why can;t my board get anything other than Romainia and Bulgaria - every single time. If I ask for a specific type - even a work permit club they always come back without any success.

Well scout knowledge can go down, just think about it if a scout knows Italy 100% this means he knows every player. But come the new season every club gets 5-6 regens (well those clubs which have their league loaded) after that your scout won't be at an 100% knowledge, not to mention that there are other transfers as well and of course player development.

The scouts sees a good youngster say in September, but until next June he might progress and your scout won't know about this unless he goes back to check on the boy.

You see the world is ever changing, so it might be impossible to know 70% of all the players.

As for feeder clubs what team are you, maybe it's determined by your reputation, league status and so on.

I'm Chelsea - feeder clubs I have are Alderlecht, LA, Dundee Utd, Hapoel and few other rubbish Eastern European teams.

Fair point regaridng regens coming into squads but I find that my scouts seem to lose their knoweldge very quickly - within weeks.

And while on the subject of feeder clubs - why can;t my board get anything other than Romainia and Bulgaria - every single time. If I ask for a specific type - even a work permit club they always come back without any success.

i know what you mean, i played as Merthyr and won the premiership several times, every time i asked for a feeder club the choice was between polish, belgium and romanian clubs. i ended up with a 2 polish, 1 romanian, 1 bulgarian and 2 belgium WP clubs. Next time the choice was the same :rolleyes:

I think the chairman may have something to do with the choices, as a change of chairman previously had meant better choices were offered, unfortunately he didn't last very long.

Scouting knowledge is very badly implemented - you never seem to retain knowledge for any sensible amount of time. In fact, it's permanent if they have favoured personnel in foreign countries - makes no sense whatsoever.

I've reached 84% Scouting Knowledge for my Barcelona side in 2022 and it'll probably rise a little higher before i run out of opportunities to expand it.

I'm only really attempting this as a challenge, since it's not a particulary useful tool to have 100% Scouting Knowledge.

My Tips:

Don't bother scouting Regions. If you have English nationality and you're managing a club in England, theres little point in sending your scout to the UK & Ireland region. He'll spend most of his time in England, when you'll already have 100% English knowledge through you or your club. The same applies to Central Europe, if like me you sign good coaches, chances are some of your max 26 Coaches may come from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Netherlands etc. The scout is simply wasting his time scouting these nations when you already have knowledge through your staff.

I'm not entirely sure, but i beleive the time spent scouting a country relates to how many players are in that country. Common sense really, but it's not unreasonable to think that time spent could be relational to the geographical size of the country. My scout spent 44 days in Algeria, but 15 in Sudan; fairly similar size countries. As time passes, the scout will lose some of this knowledge. So my advice is to allow the scout to build up knowledge of a more populous nation and then send him to some smaller nearby nations, perhaps 4-5 nations max. Simply restart them when he finishes, so he 'loops' through those nations.

Spread your affiliate clubs out across the world, so you can take advantage of their local knowledge via their own staff. I've gained affiliate clubs from Jamaica, Japan, India, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Angola, Tunisia, South Africa, Ivory Coast and many more. As a result, i don't have scouts scouting any regions at all. Someone scouting Southern Africa would spend most of his time in South Africa when i already have knowledge there, so i built his own region "profile" and told him to scout Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland etc.

Archived