Is it Just me..?

About to finish my 13th season and there are a couple thing's i have noticed, i wouldn't say they anoy me but i think the Me may be a bit narrow minded..

Take free kicks, Now sending tall players forward seem to be a complete waste of time, i dont think iv seen more than 2 goals from these kind of free kicks, i ask my self why even have the feature..? changing the instruction to short, long, best header etc doesnt see to alter the out come for me..

Corners, It seems using the penalty area cheat i have propelled my Norwich team from probably a top 7 team to top 4 because iv scored like 18 goals in 30 games form corners making my AMC top scorer with 30 goals this season. When in need of a goal it's hard now not to use it knowing how effective it is.. using other corner instructions is the same as freekicks, it has no effect worthwhile and in most cases it hinders the team by giving away possesion which is another benifit from the corner cheat, having 1 defender back, he seems to defend better even when teams leave 2 men forward than if i leave 3 defenders back..

The match engine, IRL manager, teams and players play to there strength's, it may be wide or narrow. thing is with FM iv noticed wide formations seems to hinder a world class team, purly playing narrow seems to make them perform 50% better.. It's all one way traffic.. getting full backs to over lap is easier to do using narrow formations rather than wide formation's..

IRL teams play to beat a team made of tactics, systems, morale, and many other factors, in FM it sems like your trying to beat a match engine rather than a team. so what i'm trying ot say is. forget, tactics, players etc, it's about knowing how to find flaws in a matchg engine, there needs to be more flexibilty.. or am i looking at it wrong..?

I'm in no way ranting, i'm just making a point of what iv noticed and to see if there is scope to possibly add more variety.?

variety is the spice of life..?

About to finish my 13th season and there are a couple thing's i have noticed' date=' i wouldn't say they anoy me but i think the Me may be a bit narrow minded..

Take free kicks, Now sending tall players forward seem to be a complete waste of time, i dont think iv seen more than 2 goals from these kind of free kicks, i ask my self why even have the feature..? changing the instruction to short, long, best header etc doesnt see to alter the out come for me..

Corners, It seems using the penalty area cheat i have propelled my Norwich team from probably a top 7 team to top 4 because iv scored like 18 goals in 30 games form corners making my AMC top scorer with 30 goals this season. When in need of a goal it's hard now not to use it knowing how effective it is.. using other corner instructions is the same as freekicks, it has no effect worthwhile and in most cases it hinders the team by giving away possesion which is another benifit from the corner cheat, having 1 defender back, he seems to defend better even when teams leave 2 men forward than if i leave 3 defenders back..

The match engine, IRL manager, teams and players play to there strength's, it may be wide or narrow. thing is with FM iv noticed wide formations seems to hinder a world class team, purly playing narrow seems to make them perform 50% better.. It's all one way traffic.. getting full backs to over lap is easier to do using narrow formations rather than wide formation's..

IRL teams play to beat a team made of tactics, systems, morale, and many other factors, in FM it sems like your trying to beat a match engine rather than a team. so what i'm trying ot say is. forget, tactics, players etc, it's about knowing how to find flaws in a matchg engine, there needs to be more flexibilty.. or am i looking at it wrong..?

I'm in no way ranting, i'm just making a point of what iv noticed and to see if there is scope to possibly add more variety.?

variety is the spice of life..?[/quote']

I used the corner bug for a season - found it to be rather boring. My average midfielder played more games than m world-class one simply because he was better at finishing and long shots. He got World Player Oh The YEar and I found this to be very unrealistic since he done nothing else. Stopped using it and although I don't score many from set-pieces, I find this far more enjoyable than scoring 3 or 4 goals a game from corners.

Regarding your wide v narrow situation. Could it be that this is simply your team's strength rather than the match engine. I have a balanced side and find that assists come mainly from my wingers, deep lying playmaker on defensive duties or my advanced forward.

Archived