Ca & pa?

CA is the players current ability ( what level he currently plays at)and it is a figure out of 200. E.G C. Ronaldos CA would probably be around 190 points out of 200.

PA is the players potential ability (what level the player can reach given the right training and management) and is also rated out of 200. So a young very talented Player like Lukaku might have CA of 100 and a PA of 180+ or thereabouts. so given the right circumstance he could go on to be a great player in the future.

Short of using a tool like FMRTE (football manager real time editor) you have to use your own judgement and that of your scouts to give you an idea. I would advise against FMRTE as other people have siad seeing every players ca + pa ruins the game for them as it doesnt provide any challenge.

hope this helped.

Ca = Current Ability

Pa = Potential Ability

The maximum potential ability a player can have is 200 which means these points are redistributed. Messi hase a potential ability of 197 (If I remember correctly) and a current ability of 194.

This means he is one of the best players in the game. Potential ability determines how good a player can get. If they have have a high potential ability say 170 but low current ability say 90 then this means he can be top player but has to be nurtured to achieve his abilities. Not every player can reach he's top form. This is determined by club reputation, coaching, professionalism (and other hidden attributes) game time.

You cannot asses a players potential ability, your scouts can give you a better view. Also look out for youngster who emerge from your youth team maybe they look sub par (even for your youth team) but if they have a high value at the start then it can be a good indicator that the youngster will be something special. Also look at their personality sheet sometimes "wonderkid" appear or "labeled the next..."

Thanks a lot. I tried using that scout editor genie thing, but it wouldnt load properly :/

I generally gauge players potential on starting stats together with a good determination. But ive seen players with average determination still turn out to be pretty good, e.g Lacina Traore

Thanks a lot. I tried using that scout editor genie thing, but it wouldnt load properly :/

I generally gauge players potential on starting stats together with a good determination. But ive seen players with average determination still turn out to be pretty good, e.g Lacina Traore

Certain players can perform really well, they need just a few attributes to be very good like a pacy striker needs

- pace

- acceleration

- positioning

- finishing

- composure

and he may as well score a lots of goals simply outrunning the defenders.

FMRT is a real time editor for football manager it works on FM 10 as well. Use this instead of Genie if you want to look at player PA and CA.

Thanks again. I just loaded the FMRTE and am going to start a new game with it. Not sure how to use it though. Is there a forum for it? Wouldnt mind pumping another couple hundred million into Man City :D

Thanks again. I just loaded the FMRTE and am going to start a new game with it. Not sure how to use it though. Is there a forum for it? Wouldnt mind pumping another couple hundred million into Man City :D

City has got a sugar daddy already :)

It's easy to use just get yourself familiarized with it.

Archived