Marking a fluke or just glitches?

Alright, so I've recently started playing this game and I have to say it was pretty nice at first. However my opinion switched right about the time I noticed every single encounter the players make is a dice throw, no matter what skill said player seems to have.

I've seen players with way less skill dribble through defenses with top-notch stats and score, I've also seen my players being completely dumbfounded and not even marking the targets i set them to mark. Is this a common occurrence to everyone or just me?

I'd love the game if the players just listened/obeyed instructions... such as marking said targets, which they most definitely don't.. unless they mark them from a 20m radius.

It can be annoying that they don't obey orders, but in most cases they do.

I just have one instance where they never, ever obeyed my orders. I set Throw Ins to 'short' yet they threw it long every time, and at the time I set the two centre backs to 'stay back' for them. They went forward...can't tell you how frustrating it was 'cause I lost so many goals from it on the counter.

Personally I think this year the match engine follows my instructions more then ever.

As for players dribbling past opponents, it happens to even the best defenders that they get beaten.

Real Madrid was defeated 4-0 in the Copa del Rey they had world class defenders against amateurs, New Zealand had a fantastic world cup also and they scored against a limping Italy (but still the differences are astronomical between the two teams).

I know it's a habit to say it's your tactics, but couldn't be a possibility that you give to much instruction to your players.

Personally I think this year the match engine follows my instructions more then ever.

As for players dribbling past opponents, it happens to even the best defenders that they get beaten.

Real Madrid was defeated 4-0 in the Copa del Rey they had world class defenders against amateurs, New Zealand had a fantastic world cup also and they scored against a limping Italy (but still the differences are astronomical between the two teams).

I know it's a habit to say it's your tactics, but couldn't be a possibility that you give to much instruction to your players.

Well I understand that, but it would seem to me that they almost never follow the instructions I hand out. Giving out too many instructions is something I also thought about and thus tried to reduce them to see if there was a change.. unfortunately none. My defenders could still just be standing there and not run after opponents running past them. :(

Well I understand that, but it would seem to me that they almost never follow the instructions I hand out. Giving out too many instructions is something I also thought about and thus tried to reduce them to see if there was a change.. unfortunately none. My defenders could still just be standing there and not run after opponents running past them. :(

May I ask what team are you?

In which case they've tried to make a tackle and missed. Although the animation probably doesn't show it the ME has them still picking themselves up off the ground.

In terms of following instructions its possibly you've also given them conflicting instructions so they aren't sure which to follow.

May I ask what team are you?

Was playing with various Swedish teams, such as Älvjsö, Värmbol etc. currently trying out some Brazilian teams. So I haven't been sticking to just one team either, I've tried various to see if it's just a team issue, doesn't seem like it. So either graphics go glitchy and I just don't see it or it could just be the way the game is.

Should however point out that it would seem that less "instructions" do help a bit, but i still get to see some outrageous decisions by players... like say my team got a throwin, my player takes the ball and seems to be deciding who to throw it to. What the genius then decided to do baffles me, he turns around and throws it out... whaaat?!

Archived