Will 2D ever be removed?

I now use 3D because my latest laptop doesnt lag when using 3D but I've recently been playin FM 2008 and have been loving the 2D. Surely they have to keep this option for the future games because people with low spec computers or noteboks will be able to play it without it jumping all over the place

i shouldnt think it will be removed for a long time, a lot of people prefer it/have to use it and i cant imagine it takes up a significant ammount of coding time every year relative to the 3d engine, its pretty good as it is.

The more ways to view the match the better :thup:

I always use 2D even though my PC can run 3D well....just don't like 3D don't know why.

Don't imagine it will ever be dropped, like somone said, the commentary only option's still there from aagggessss ago.

Personally I prefer 3d, seems better somehow to see someone running around rather than a dot.

But it should still be kept, mainly because laptops etc dont really have the power to run 3d very well.

What nonsense. Many laptops these days can run 3D very well, I have one.

As pointed out above though I just don't like 3D and 2D gives me a better tactical picture. And thats the reason it should be kept in.

It's not really nonsense. Sure, a lot of laptops do have decent enough specs to run the 3D but your basic 'cheap' laptops that a lot of people go for don't have decent graphic capabilities.

As pointed out above though I just don't like 3D and 2D gives me a better tactical picture. And thats the reason it should be kept in.

My laptop runs it v slowly in 3d mode due to the lower ram and processing power. Generally speaking (or at least virtually all the ones I have seen) laptops have slower processors than their pc counterparts.

It's not really nonsense. Sure, a lot of laptops do have decent enough specs to run the 3D but your basic 'cheap' laptops that a lot of people go for don't have decent graphic capabilities.
My laptop runs it v slowly in 3d mode due to the lower ram and processing power. Generally speaking (or at least virtually all the ones I have seen) laptops have slower processors than their pc counterparts.

Both points taken, maybe I should have said it was a sweeping generalisation. Hows that?

Archived