Tycoon Takeovers

In one of my first saves (vanilla version) I saw a news item about a tycoon takeover at Deportivo early on.

I followed it closely and tbh I was surprised what impact he made.

The first thing he did was invest in the training facilities.

Then they bought some quality youngsters and a few decent International quality players.

At some point later on they started to really make life difficult for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Not sure if pre-patch tycoons made bigger impacts and I've witnessed quite a few other tycoon takeovers but never as successful as this one.

There are different types of tycoons also.

Some only inject money when in depth, some will invest only once and some will give you money on a regular basis.

Tycoon takeovers aren't always good. In one of my saves Tring got a tycoon takeover and a couple of seasons later that millionaire left, they fell into debt and are on there way back down. If you do ever get one don't go mad, control yourself and spend wisely preparing for the worst.

You don't. The only way you know if a tycoon may take over the club is through the news items you receive. Takeovers can all fall through at the last minute though.

this

or if you want to figure out why a random club got filthy rich, check the landmarks:

takeover.png

i had a tycoon take over Palermo. they are the new Man City, they spent 100 mill on 2 players. they seem to buy and be linked with every top player going.. took a peek using Geni scout to see what there rep was and they lead the way with 9447 followed by Liverpool on 9341..

My Norwich team are now 30th with 7850 and still all my players want to leave fo rbigger clubs. which i'm anoyed about..

I also managed to beat Palermo 3-2 in the champions league group stage after beeing 2-0 down..

Archived