Talk Tactics Football Centre (COMING SOON!!!!!)

What is Talk Tactics Football Centre I here you ask!! Well the answer is simple;

It's a thread done in the style of Match of the Day and Soccer Saturday. Intrigued and want to know more, then read on.

The idea is I play a full season of the EPL on holiday mode and make sure all the teams are AI controlled. Then I post the stats and PKM's of select games and we have a tactical debate about them and try to learn more about how the AI works.

4 games a month - That's how many games we will cover.

A different issue we discuss each week - It could be to do with defending a lead or how to go and grab a win at hard places.

Live League Table - We'll be tracking the league table as we discuss things and see who will be pushing for honours come end of the season

Weekly Round Up - Want to know who beat who and how? Then this will be for you.

I will be trying to do other things too but I don't want to promise too much yet as this will be pretty time consuming. With that in mind I will probably do this on a monthly basis but cover all 4 weeks( each game a week).

It will probably consist of 3 threads, one will be in the Good Player and Team Guide Forum and that will cover all the signings made by each team and what impact they had. The second thread will be based here and will consists of results, downloads, stats and League table. And finally the last will also be homed here an will be for our discussion's of the games an findings.

Hopefully this will get underway towards the middle/end of next month.

Sound good?

What is Talk Tactics Football Centre I here you ask!! Well the answer is simple;

It's a thread done in the style of Match of the Day and Soccer Saturday. Intrigued and want to know more, then read on.

The idea is I play a full season of the EPL on holiday mode and make sure all the teams are AI controlled. Then I post the stats and PKM's of select games and we have a tactical debate about them and try to learn more about how the AI works.

4 games a month - That's how many games we will cover.

A different issue we discuss each week - It could be to do with defending a lead or how to go and grab a win at hard places.

Live League Table - We'll be tracking the league table as we discuss things and see who will be pushing for honours come end of the season

Weekly Round Up - Want to know who beat who and how? Then this will be for you.

I will be trying to do other things too but I don't want to promise too much yet as this will be pretty time consuming. With that in mind I will probably do this on a monthly basis but cover all 4 weeks( each game a week).

It will probably consist of 3 threads, one will be in the Good Player and Team Guide Forum and that will cover all the signings made by each team and what impact they had. The second thread will be based here and will consists of results, downloads, stats and League table. And finally the last will also be homed here an will be for our discussion's of the games an findings.

Sound good?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Sounds like fun icon14.gif

The 4 games a month, is that in-game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No not game time icon_smile.gif This way it doesn't take up all my spare time etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UNITED!!!!!:

Can I be Mark "The Mullet" Lawrenson?

I'm very adept at making a poor joke or pointless comment every minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think it's called quick wit m8 lol. motty doesnt have the iq to get his quick wit most of the time lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andyh60:

Just so this thread doesn't run too far down the list, I cant wait for it to start, any more news Cleon? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hopefully this will get underway towards the middle/end of next month.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Hopefully this will get underway towards the middle/end of next month.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be factual but in November i.e. first post you say middle/end of next month and today (2nd Dec) you say the same????

I hope you dont mean end of Jan cos that's ages!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andyh60:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to be factual but in November i.e. first post you say middle/end of next month and today (2nd Dec) you say the same????

I hope you dont mean end of Jan cos that's ages!!

26th of November I posted;

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hopefully this will get underway towards the middle/end of next month </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And today is only the 2nd of December.......I thought it was easy to understand :p

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ayanami80:

Sounds fantastic. Am new to these forums and Rashidi/Cleon and other's posts have made my experience of this game much more enjoyable and frustrating at the same time! =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome icon_smile.gif Hope you stick around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ayanami80:

Sounds fantastic. Am new to these forums and Rashidi/Cleon and other's posts have made my experience of this game much more enjoyable and frustrating at the same time! =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome icon_smile.gif Hope you stick around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I think FM08 gets a bit more stick than it deserves. It's very playable and I'm yet to find a game which has me tearing my hair out whilst watching little dots chase around a smaller dot around the screen.

This talk tactics would be fantastic for tweaking discussions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cleon:

Sound good? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were all saying it sounds amazing and given this quote was made on 26th November I really hope were close to it being up and running now?

Give it time. No doubt it will be a quality thread once it starts, but at the end of the day we all have lives outside of these forums which can get in the way. Deadlines are there to be broken. These things take time... As far as I have seen, Cleon hasn't been around lately and I am guessing, what with the festive period, has been busy with family commitments etc. When it is ready I am sure we will all see it burst into activity. Until then, give the guy a break.

Fantastic! Another suggestion for readers / viewers is to pick a sky live game and watch carefully then set up a "dummy match", friendly will do, on a test game of FM08, playing alternately as the home & away side with the other manager as "on holiday". Its a good way to test tactics too.

The other night using the very sound SAFC8's best 442 in the world ever" i had:

BOLTON 4 Derby 1

Bolton 2 DERBY 4

Very satisfying and "fun", something some say they dont find with FM08.

• 1 month later...

I've not abandonded this idea, I just pushed it back a little while. I did this for two reasons;

Firstly I didn't have much time like I was anticipating and secondly with us waiting for a new patch it would have been unfair to start this game to discuss the Match Engine as the discussion wouldn't be no good once the new patch comes out. As a lot as been fixed, soo any discussion before would be irrelevant or misleading.

I've not abandonded this idea, I just pushed it back a little while. I did this for two reasons;

Firstly I didn't have much time like I was anticipating and secondly with us waiting for a new patch it would have been unfair to start this game to discuss the Match Engine as the discussion wouldn't be no good once the new patch comes out. As a lot as been fixed, soo any discussion before would be irrelevant or misleading. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait and any news on when the next patch may come out, assuming this is to update for the january transfer window?

Archived