Ballotelli [ca/pa-spoilers]

for one, no it doesnt mean he can get 20 in everything.

secondly, there isnt any player naming in this sub forum, really could have just said he has 199 PA in your game as thirdly

youve spoiled the PAs of many other players and fourthly

he has

-10 PA which means it can be anything from 171 to 200 and it varies from ame to game

I always look at the Actual/potential Rating instead. The 199 is just points that get distributed but a lot of them points may be used up in pointless areas.

AFAIK the potential rating (PR) will tell you how good he is in that position.

So just say

Player A has PA 200 and PR 79

Player B as PA 185 and PR 89

Player B would be the better player because he will have better stats to suit the position that he plays in.

secondly, there isnt any player naming in this sub forum, really could have just said he has 199 PA in your game as thirdly

he has

-10 PA which means it can be anything from 171 to 200 and it varies from ame to game

You can name players and use CA/PA if you put it in the thread title, therefore its the peoples fault if they click on it and see the CA/PA as he has used it in the thread title.

The PA 200 is the top level that a player has the potential to become with the CA being the current level of ability. No player can have 20 for everything as this would exceed the PA/CA of 200- as this is the cap so players cannot possibly have 20 in everything as this is not possible IRL.

You'll see a whole lot more 20's the lower the player's physical attributes- with stuff like pace, strength, etc. weighing so heavily against CA/PA I've found it better to go after slower players with high technical skills.

There were spoilers in that title so no one can complain.

If you look at the first few responses this wasn't his orignal title. I think the title 'Balotelli 199pa' might have rightly annoyed some people. Just as showing a screenie with several top players PA's would. Not me. Its not hard to believe someone of his potential (IRL) could go on to be a star. Just think I knew that without resorting to the cheating ways.

I think SI should make it so these FMRTE/Genie Scout things can't be used, that would stop all this.

Want to know how good a player is in game? Send your scouts to have a look. IMO.

he has

What a lot of rubbish - the onyl players there that people may not know would be Kroos and Canales.

Ronaldo, Buffon, Rivaldo - how is that spoiling osmeone's game?

I think SI should make it so these FMRTE/Genie Scout things can't be used, that would stop all this.

Want to know how good a player is in game? Send your scouts to have a look. IMO.

Part of me agrees, because I personally think things like that are completely stupid and defeat the entire purpose of playing Football Manager. Much like downloading tactics/training schedules created by other people. I just don't see the point.

On the other hand though, people should be allowed to enjoy the game in whichever way they choose, so it's up to them really.

I imagine it's an issue which has being debated to death before.

Part of me agrees, because I personally think things like that are completely stupid and defeat the entire purpose of playing Football Manager. Much like downloading tactics/training schedules created by other people. I just don't see the point.

On the other hand though, people should be allowed to enjoy the game in whichever way they choose, so it's up to them really.

I imagine it's an issue which has being debated to death before.

Exactly. the answer is simple. If you dont agree and dont want to use it, dont.

If you do then its available.

I hope that SI would actually include a form of ar/pr rating in future versions.

For example once your scouts have watched the player for 5 matches the ar/pr rating will become available on top of the current ca/pa rating.

Of course with some margins of error based on factors like how good your staff is etc. to keep it from being to easy.

Imo fmrte ruins that part because it gives exact data without the margin of error.

Archived