6 second rule

And its not just goalies. The same goes for throw ins, corners, free kicks.....it's pretty much impossible to score in injury time unless of course you are the AI :rolleyes:

You don't see much people getting punished for it, its much more frustrating on FM cause they hold it much longer than IRL.

I see many keepers holding the ball in their hands for way over the 6 seconds. If I recall rightly in the EPL, Jussi Jaaskelainen was the first (And I think only) goalkeeper to be booked for holding the ball in his hands for too long.

And its not just goalies. The same goes for throw ins, corners, free kicks.....it's pretty much impossible to score in injury time unless of course you are the AI :rolleyes:

Occasionally I do score.

But yeah it's getting frustrating that nobody gets a yellow card for time wasting.

The law still applies.

From FIFA's Laws of the Game 2010-11 (page 112):

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

Offences committed by goalkeepers

A goalkeeper is not permitted to keep control of the ball in his hands for more

than six seconds. A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball:

• while the ball is between his hands or between his hand and any surface

(e.g. ground, own body)

• while holding the ball in his outstretched open hand

• while in the act of bouncing it on the ground or tossing it into the air

However, you see it happen several times. The rule is obviously an attempt to prevent time wasting, so the referee uses his discretion whether time is being wasted.

It is something that needs to be looked at for FM11, because there's few more frustrating than chasing a goal in injury time and their keeper holds onto the ball for 30 seconds..

It's because you suck. :p

;)

You don't see much people getting punished for it, its much more frustrating on FM cause they hold it much longer than IRL.

I see many keepers holding the ball in their hands for way over the 6 seconds. If I recall rightly in the EPL, Jussi Jaaskelainen was the first (And I think only) goalkeeper to be booked for holding the ball in his hands for too long.

Justin Pasfield in an A-League Friendly last year got done for time wasting with a yellow for time wasting. I was watching it and thought that the ref was being a bit of a toss.

Archived