Fully iphone 4 compatible ?

• SI Staff

It wasn't tested physically on the iPhone 4 because I don't have one :(

However I do know of people using it without any issues (Luis on this forum has one for instance) and I have run it up under iOS4 without any problems.

I'll be getting an iPhone4 at some point in the future when budget (and my missus) allow .... :D

PS - Luis has indicated its fast as **** on the iPhone 4 ...

• SI Staff
will there be an update coming making it fully iOS4 compatible (in terms of the multitasking and increased resolution etc)?

I'm afraid update 3 is the final planned update for FMHi 2010 - I need to get started on FMHi 2011 now if its going to exist ;)

(but I'm hoping to look into iOS4 improvements as part of implementing FMHi 2011 ... but until I've investigated things fully I obviously can't say what will be possible)

• SI Staff
I assume fast switching (double tap on home button) is not enabled then?

Nothing has been coded in to support this functionality (no idea how its implemented at present, will be looking into this side of things in a few weeks - believe it or not now update 3 is released I'm actually (cough) on holiday for a couple of weeks ....).

I'd be able to test in on a 4GS as well if O2 ever got any in stock! The whole of the North East is out of stock and they are only selling them to existing O2 customers! Surely that means they knew how many needed, anyway I digress

I'm using a 3G phone with OS4.0 installed and the game runs smooth as silk on a 4GS it must be amazing

• SI Staff
If only the game can stop crashing! Even with the iPhone 4 FM crashes quite frequently. In fact I don't seem to think it's crashing any less than previous versions.

Can you confirm if you've fully rebooted your phone? - the most common cause of crashing for any iPhone application is that people don't fully reboot their phone.

To do this hold down the on/off button for 2-3 seconds until the 'swipe to power off' appears, then swipe where it tells you and wait for the phone to power down (it'll take a few second).

Then press the on/off button and it'll boot up again (again this will take a short while).

If you haven't been doing this semi-regularly then you'll probably find things are both faster and a lot more stable, not just in FMHi but also in other applications.

Hope this helps,

Marc

PS - While I'm here if anyone has issues with the game continuing by itself, thats a VERY rare problem where your hardware accelerometer is broken and the phone thinks its continually being shaken. If you head into the games preferences then you'll be able to disable the 'shake to continue' option and play the game normally.

(incidentally if you have this issue you may find that your phones battery life isn't as long as you'd expect (not related to FMHi at all) - this is because the phone will ALWAYS be processing as if its being shaken and thus might drain more power than it would while idle)

• SI Staff

Oh and if you're running iOS4 on the iPhone 4 (or a funky fast device which supports it) please ensure you don't overload the phone with lots of applications running at once.

As with any computer/device if you try and do too much at once then it'll become unstable (I presume you've done this on windows/Mac before where you get carried away and everything gets very sluggish/unstable because you've too many applications running at once .... well now you can have the same thing happen with your phone, isn't progress fantastic ;) ).

Closing applications on iOS4 isn't particularly obvious I'm afraid, when you hit 'home' applications may remain at least partially resident in memory now and use up resources.

To close applications fully please refer to:

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-close-out-applications-completely-new-iphone-ios-4-377560/

Archived