Why does my player's match rating go up magically after I sub him off?!

Right, come in at half time, my centre-back has a 5.8 rating. Sub him off during the break. Kick off the second half and his rating jumps to 6.5. And he's p.o.ed at getting taken off -- I can see his point!

What kind of crappy programming is this?!

10.3, for what it's worth.

• Administrators

Sometimes the player ratings take a few minutes to update and we're aware of an issue where it occasionally doesn't update before halftime, but after. This is why this has happened, we're looking into it but thanks for bringing it up.

Sometimes the player ratings take a few minutes to update and we're aware of an issue where it occasionally doesn't update before halftime, but after. This is why this has happened, we're looking into it but thanks for bringing it up.

LOL. Ouch!

But thanks for the clarification.

If memory serves, this used to happen on older versions, but this is the first time I've noticed it lately.

I would say that match ratings in 10.3 need to be taken with a pinch of salt, things like CB's winning lots of headers or wingers/AMC's making lots of dribbles can skew their ratings higher and vice versa, therefore I use the players motivation and look at their match stats (passes, headers etc) to judge whether they need replacing or not.

Archived